Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Going out of the country

travelgal59
Explorer C

Hello! I am going out of the country on 3/28, for about 3 weeks.  It’s my understanding that the application process may take a year or more, but people are saying they are already getting calls or emails. I’m concerned I could possibly miss my chance if I miss a call or email.  I put in my application within the first 3 hours on 2/5/18. Should I be concerned? Thank you for your help!  Have a LUVly day! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Going out of the country

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @travelgal59,

Great to hear from you and thank you for your application for the Flight Attendant position!  No need to worry on your upcoming travel, our recruiting process accounts for Candidates to be on vacation, or out of the country.  If we cannot contact you by phone, we will reach out by email.  Sit back and relax - we hope you enjoy your upcoming travel!

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

Re: Going out of the country

travelgal59
Explorer C

Thank you very much for your quick response! I will check my email on a regular basis! I appreciate your help! Have a great day! 

I am unsure if the SWA people's department does a 2 fly by or just one stop - on a missed email

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

@travelgal59

Ditto... 

Although my extended international travels are in May...to my knowledge the 'icims' FA portal does not give an indication or update of out going communication at this time.  I encourage you to continue to check e-mail ( my inbox can be monitored by a family member who could txt me or reach the tour/hotel to contact me  ASAP night or day) as well as the community posts.

All in the SPIRT of a SWA FA

Best of Luck- FA Class of 2018 -- Hope to meet you and ENJOY the world travel!

@16fseataFFBK