Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Got my start date

Boaterchris
Explorer C

I’m officially starting my position as a ramp agent at my airport but they said after 4 weeks. That’s when I will fly out to Texas so will I be doing training at my airport then be flown out to Dallas for more training. Either way I’m so excited!!!!! I’m so excited to start 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Got my start date

Talal1991
Adventurer C

congratulations!! Im still waiting for my screening to be completed… what was your timeline like? I did my drug and fingerprints along with my background check all in the 19th of august and I haven’t received any confirmation of completion yet.

Boaterchris
Explorer C

Hey so i had my interview august 15th got vaccinated and all that day then that Thursday the 18th I received my instructions for my drug test and background and fingerprinting. My background came back Monday the 29th of august and august 30th I received my start date to confirm so I would say about 2 1/2 weeks 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Congrats and Welcome to the SWA family. Was hired last year for the ramp and enjoy the people I work with. Any questions please be sure to ask and keep that head on a swivel out there!!!!