Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hello

Sebastian1
Explorer C

Hello, I received an email from Mrs. Angela Marano to carry out a hiring process applying to the maintenance charge of airplanes and according to this email the contact to carry out the process in Latin America is Mr. Ryan Martinez who supposedly will indicate the process that I should follow, In this process they say that I must pay 20% of tuition for an English course at a school that they have in their Dallas hangars.

I want to know if your hiring process is like that and if the representative to do it in Latin America is Mr. Ryan Martinez, like the recruiter; additionally I want to know if for this process I must pay $ 200 for the English course in the hangars.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hello

bec102896
Aviator A

Personally I'm not sure that southwest is doing any hiring right now because of COVID 19. You could also check your dashboard and check for any updates. 

-Blake

Sebastian1
Explorer C

Of course I know that because of the Covid-19 right now everything is stopped. But this email was arrived to me already several months ago I just wanted to know the veracity of this email

bec102896
Aviator A

Maybe @KelbyTansey can confirm?

Sebastian1
Explorer C

Thank you I'll write you

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thanks for tagging me in @bec102896!

@Sebastian1, unfortunately, this is a scam and is not part of our hiring process. We are not currently hiring for any roles -- please do not provide any payment or information to them.

If you can provide any additional information about how they initially contacted you in our private message thread, we are working with our legal team to try to mitigate this issue for others in the future.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

1Carter
Explorer A

Hey Kelby,

not sure if you can still help, but I am currently in the onboarding process with you guys and I am so eager to get started. But I have unsuccessful in reaching my recruiters. I have completed everything follow the CJO. I may just need a start date. If there is anything you can do to see where I’m at in the stack that would be great!! If not I’ll keep monitoring my email

1Carter
Explorer A

@KelbyTansey sorry I didn’t tag you. Not sure if you would see this above^ lol I’m new bare with me