Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

High School Student Project

arianaaajones
Explorer C

Hello! My name is Ariana Jones, and I am from Corpus Christi, Texas. I attended the LULAC National Convention about a month ago, and attended a job and career fair while I was there. I met a representative from Southwest who was interested in me, as I am a senior in high school looking for an internship or a potential job later on. I am not sure if Corpus Christi is big enough to have an opportunity, but if anyone could please let me know. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: High School Student Project

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @arianaaajones,

Thanks for stopping by our booth at the LULAC National Convention - so glad we could meet with you!  We love hearing you are interested in joining the Southwest Family.  For our internship program you can find out more here (Southwest.com/CampusReach), as well as our Facebook Page (Facebook.com/CampusReach).  Our job postings can be found at www.Southwest.com/Careers . If you don’t find an open opportunity that interests you, feel free to sign up to receive our newest jobs via www.workfor.us/southwest. Congratulations on beginning your senior year of high school and we wish you much success in the future!

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

Kemp
Explorer C

Hello,

I'm a student from Calallen High School in Corpus Christi. What do I need to apply for an internship? My scope of interest is not strictly confined to Software Engineering, but I would consider this option first. Thanks.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Kemp wrote:

Hello,

I'm a student from Calallen High School in Corpus Christi. What do I need to apply for an internship? My scope of interest is not strictly confined to Software Engineering, but I would consider this option first. Thanks.

Hello. At the moment SW is in the middle of a hiring freeze, so  so it appears that no positions are available.

You can let the airline know of your interest in an internship by filling out the form below. If/when  spot open, the airline would let you know about it.'

https://careers.southwestair.com/leadpage?formId=hc8hs3s2j03v2pvpj6onmcduc0&eventScheduleId=5cd44ffb...

Good luck!

EmoryHubbard
Explorer C

frgfgfgfg