Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hire Process?

missiissippii
Explorer C

How long does the hiring process take and how come the recruiters dont keep in touch with what's going on? I received my contigent offer letter March 3rd a few hours after my phone interview. It is now March 31st and I havent heard back from them. I went on sterlings website myself and seen that my background check has been cleared. I did my drug test and finger printing 3 weeks ago. My recruiter doesn't email back (assuming she's busy with other recruits) but just a follow up would be nice with where we are in the process. Anyone else having this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hire Process?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You really have to be patient during this process. The recruiters are hiring hundreds of people. They will eventually get to everyone and you will get your email with the 'all clear'. And then you'll be waiting for more emails. Lol. It's a vicious cycle.

missiissippii
Explorer C

Lol..its the wait, all clear then wait again for me haha. But that makes more sense now. Just a waiting game at this point. Thank you!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

😂😂😂😂 I'll be ready! 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Yup, all I can suggest is keeping all the emails organized and saved in a folder. Also, I got emails from about 8 different people over the two months (my 

apply date 2/7 - start date 4/11.) 

So keep an eye out for that.

I know its tough waiting for responses, but you'll get there. 

Welcome aboard!

Marlissia
Explorer A

I’m literally in the same boat. I checked and seen I cleared background on 3/24. Haven’t heard anything yet and it’s now April 😩