Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring Process and Onboarding

dj30088
Explorer C

So I’ve been given and signed my official job offer yesterday with a start date of 11/28. I indeed want the position and wanted to clarify job titles with the recruiter, and may have confused them as far as my standing on the position. When I looked yesterday my application was under active and said “Onboarding in process” in green. When I look today it is now under inactive but still says “Onboarding in process” in red.

Could someone who’s been through onboarding give me some insight? I hope I didn’t accidentally withdraw myself from consideration with my wording in my email.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Hiring Process and Onboarding

BlueSky28
Explorer B

Hi

I too am starting on 11/14 and as of today it says "Onboarding in Progress" but inactive and also in Red. So I just emailed and left a message for the recruiter.   I too am a little confused but hoping that I get an email from Onboarding Department soon.   

dj30088
Explorer C

I’m hopeful it just means that we’re complete with the application process, therefore the application is no longer needed, since we’re now being onboarded. 

BlueSky28
Explorer B

Can I ask where you will be working?  Maybe we will be in training together. 

BlueSky28
Explorer B

Yes right after we sent this message I received emails with onboarding.  I am sure you did too?  Congratulations.   This is going to be fun!

dj30088
Explorer C

Also good luck on the onboarding! I hope all goes well for you. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited to have the opportunity to be apart of a team in my life.

BlueSky28
Explorer B

Thank you, you too!   I am super excited. 

tdavid88
Adventurer C

Congratulations on your new role and state date.  How long have you been waiting to get an official letter?  

BlueSky28
Explorer B

I received an official letter about a week after I was told my background check was complete.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. As long as your status is correct, you should be fine. They recently converted to the new system and the previous version did not have colors. 😅 If there was something wrong, you probably would have gotten an email saying you’ve ‘withdrawn’. Don’t worry and welcome to SW. ☺️