Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hiring at SBA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@dfwskier Since I'm totally confident you are savvy about the internet black hole of Google trolls, as soon as I use google to view airport lookup, for the next three weeks all I get is spam and advertisements about flying, airline, airports, travel, even invading my Facebook ads for the next 5 weeks.  

Not sure whey that is happening to you.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier 

Not just me, everybody!

AP found that Google continues to track you through services like Google Maps, weather updates, and browser searches — any app activity can be used to track you. ... As long as the Web and App Activity setting is enabled, Google will store your time-stamped location data.Aug 13, 2018

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@dfwskier 

Not just me, everybody!

AP found that Google continues to track you through services like Google Maps, weather updates, and browser searches — any app activity can be used to track you. ... As long as the Web and App Activity setting is enabled, Google will store your time-stamped location data.Aug 13, 2018

There are alternatives to google:

https://kinsta.com/blog/alternative-search-engines/

edit add: I still use Yahoo, Bing is also good, but both are part of big corporate America.

For more privacy try duckduckgo.

liamhellen55
Explorer C

play wordle helps you reduce stress and relax. In the midst of a busy and stressful life, sometimes you need to slow down, listen to yourself and solve word puzzles