Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Faith396

Thank you for your continued interest in joining our Team. Although we have not yet released our hiring schedule for 2018, you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. We hope to see your application the next time this position is open!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

irwinj4
Explorer C

I am very interested in becoming a flight attendant and am hoping applications open up this fall. Please send me more information on this position if possible! And if you have any information on when applications may be posted, that would be great too. Thank you so much!!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @irwinj4,

We don't have information on when applications will be posted, yet. But check back often for updates! You can also sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest on a desktop or by clicking here on a mobile device. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Laceymurry
Explorer C

Im checking online each months hoping I find a new Flight Attendant opening. No luck yet however. I have a few questions awaiting this journey.

I wanted to know what is the minimum and maximum time you can work a month? when you become a flight attendant with you all. Also how many hours can you work in the day?

Last question, when are you all hiring for flight attendants? ( I thought I would try to get that answer).

kndwho
Explorer C
Solution

If I applied August 2, 2016 and had the phone interview September 2017, will I be eligible to apply in February 2018 again for the flight attendant position?

KhateCambod
Explorer C

Can you please send me some details, qualifications to be a southwest flight attendant.

dfwskier
Aviator A

BethNance
Explorer C

I retired in December from 40 years of teaching, my only career since graduating from college in 1979. I added a Master’s Degree in Reading and Literacy as well.

Before I was given my first teaching job, the market was saturated with teachers so I applied to several airlines as I have always wanted to fly. I had appointments at three airlines but had to cancel because the career I was trained for was just offered to me. 

Now that im retired I’m ready to start that aviation career I’ve always dreamed of! If it’s possible to let me know when a position opens, I’d truly appreciate it! 

BethNance
Explorer C

I retired in December from 40 years of teaching, my only career since graduating from college in 1979. I added a Master’s Degree in Reading and Literacy as well.

Before I was given my first teaching job, the market was saturated with teachers so I applied to several airlines as I have always wanted to fly. I had appointments at three airlines but had to cancel because the career I was trained for was just offered to me. 

Now that im retired I’m ready to start that aviation career I’ve always dreamed of! If it’s possible to let me know when a position opens, I’d truly appreciate it! 

mikebenton
Explorer C

Hi Kelby! Please include me in that circle!