Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

Jgil01
Explorer C

Can you tell me what your requirements for flight attendants are regarding tattoos? I have a small one on my foot, that can be covered up

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hello, @Jgil01,

Thanks for your interest in becoming a Flight Attendant with us! Per our Flight Attendant uniform guidelines, all tattoos must be appropriately covered by pants, long sleeve shirts, hair, makeup, or scarf. Best of luck throughout the interview process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Tonibalony
Explorer C

Hello, 

If once you have completed everything for the FA but your in school can you go to training after your classes end? Is that possible at all? 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tonibalony,

Unfortunately, following the interview and selection, we offer a training class date that you must either take or decline. The training date cannot be deferred. Training class lasts three weeks and is a full-day training each day. Congratulations on continuing your education, and I hope we will see your application in the near future!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Jnajee98
Explorer C

Goodmorning , I am 20 years old and I would really love to be a flight attendant. I have great customer Service & love making people happy .  I feel as if I could do really well in this field. Can I please have information on it! Thank you soo much 

wbranch5
Explorer C
Solution

Good evening I was wanting to know hoiw do i apply for flight attendant for Louisville Ky SDF

alstatham317
Explorer C
Solution

Hi Kelby, could you also send me the hiring criteria for becoming a Southwest flight attendant as far as age, location to a home base, pay range and training in Texas timeframe.  I appreciate your help in this manner.  

Sincerely,

Angie Statham

DanRod
Explorer C
Solution

Hello Hiring Manager,

Can you send me information regarding the hiring requirements for flight attendants at Southwest Airline?

Sincerely,

Nikki Hamlet

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee

Hi there @DanRod, @kndwho, @alstatham317, @Neilditto, @jshondarj, @Vannie, @wbranch5, @GayleLynne,

We are excited to share with you we will be posting the Flight Attendant position on February 5th!  At Southwest we embrace and are committed to a diverse workforce and inclusive work enviroment. Our basic qualifications for the positions are as follows:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

We hope to see your application and click here to find out how to apply! 

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

GayleLynne
Explorer C

Exciting! Thank you!