Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Carl9, @MEELLA49, @srmiles, and @erricka1,

The application is now live, and you can click here to access it! For more information, check out this link. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Katherinc98
Explorer C

Hello I want to be a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines I want to know where I can apply for the training everytime I check nothing shows , I wanted to get more information . 

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@Katherinc98 wrote:

Hello I want to be a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines I want to know where I can apply for the training everytime I check nothing shows , I wanted to get more information . 

Start here:
https://careers.southwestair.com/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button that says "Join Talent community." That's where you can give Southwest your information and interests.

Check the Southwest Community message boards often. Southwest usually lets the Community know when the next Flight Attendant posting will be.

Keep checking the Southwest Jobs page. When Flight Attendant opportunities are available, they'll be posted there.

Good luck to you!

ReginaW
Explorer C

Hello.  I too would like to know the relocating process for flight attendants.  My family will most likely be living in another state.  I have heard there are "flop houses".  Are these first come first served for rentals?  Does the airlines block out hotel rooms for rent? Just wondering about the expense. 

Any info is appreciated.  

Regina

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

​​​​​​Hi, @ReginaW,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! Our Flight Attendants have a few different housing options:

1. They can choose to relocate to their Base city. This is the most preferred option.
  2. They can choose to commute. When they choose this option, for housing:
    • They can look into a crash pad (this is a room to rent in an apt or someone’s house). More information on this would be available during training.
    • They can get a hotel room, when needed. They might get a room on their own or share with someone else. There is not a block of rooms for rent, but there are a lot of hotels that provide discounted rates for airline crew members.

A career as a Flight Attendant requires a Warrior Spirit and constant flexibility. It is no different when it comes to housing!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jswardkc
Explorer C
Solution

This sounds like fun! Can you send me an email. Thanks.

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Absolutely jswardkc, happy to send you a private message on this position!  Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines and have a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

inspiredblyfe
Explorer C
Solution

After reading the other responses am also interested in getting information as it regards the qualifications and requirements to apply for the flight attendant positions.

marissaness
Explorer C

I would love to receive information on becoming a flight attendant. 

Thank You

Abryan17
Explorer C

Please let me know when job opportunity are available