Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring for flight attendants

srdaniell
Explorer C

I’m will be 48 on Tuesday. I’ve always wanted to be a flight Attendant for SW. I’ve done my job & have raised my two kids.  I would love to travel and meet new people & what better way to live a dream!! I’m curious as to how many people my at age (48) apply and either are considered or hired as flight attendants?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

Sailerct
Explorer C

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @srdaniell,

Happy Birthday to you!  We are thrilled to hear you would like to join the Southwest family.  At Southwest we embrace and are committed to a diverse workforce and inclusive work enviroment.  A Career as a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines requires a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and a Fun-LUVing Attitude.  We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is available -  click here to find out how to apply.  Wish you much success!

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

MzLN
Explorer A

I am so excited! I have attempted to sign on and apply for the Flight Attendant position several times throughout the years with absolutely no luck. The server would crash due to the overwhelming response and I could never get through. This time I actually submitted my application and resume! Can you tell me what happens now? How long before an applicant receives a response from the Hiring Committee? 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MzLN,

We love hearing that you chose to submit an application with us! You can find the answer to your question (and many more) by clicking the "Spoiler" tag on the first page of this post. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Good morning, I encourage everybody to have a good and prosperous day!! “Walk by Faith and not by Sight”... 

HeidiSRQ
Adventurer C

Good for you for asking this question. I’m sure so many women quietly wonder about the age factor. I’m 53 and I have just applied. I believe it’s more about our attitude and outlook on life.  

Has our “seasoned” life left us feeling amazing or are we ready to throw in the towel? Are we still curious and challenging ourselves although our current situation may not require it?

Good luck. Believe in yourself... you’ve got this!

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Good morning, I agree with most of the comments on the community!! I to have been applying for numerous positions at Southwest and got a call back but never got an opportunity to show myself approve!! But there was never a position opening for flight attendant. I have been waiting on this moment in my life for a long time. I just thank God for the opportunity to even apply!!! Ladies just keep speaking life into yourself and keep the faith and the opportunity will manifest in your life as well as mine!!!! Have a great morning, hope to meet you all one day!!!!