Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring for flight attendants

courtmichell3
Explorer C

Are there certain times in the year when Southwest is more likely to be hiring for flight attendants?  Or should I constantly be check the website for openings? TIA

86 REPLIES 86

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @courtmitchell3!

We're honored to hear that you have an interest in joining our Team! We don't have specific times of the year that we post our Flight Attendant position. As you mentioned, I would recommend keeping an eye on the website. You can also sign up to receive job alerts via email at WorkFor.Us/Southwest (on Desktop) or WorkFor.Us/Southwest (on Mobile). We hope to see your application the next time the posting is up!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

ssljacks
Explorer C

What are the requirements for flight attendants (age, weight, training, how far you can live from home base, pay rates, etc.).  I have been in Administration and Management for a very long time and am looking for a career change.  I would like to move to New Orleans, but have family in New Mexico and since I love to travel would love to relocate but also be able to afford seeing my kids and grandkids throughout the year.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @ssljacks,

Welcome to the Southwest Airlines Community! We are so excited to hear that you are interested in becoming a Flight Attendant with us. You must be at least 20 years old to join our Team as a Flight Attendant. Answers to some of the questions you asked can vary depending on the situation. I will send you a private message with more information. I hope to see you working Onboard soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

MJBWife
Explorer C
Solution

I was reading this conversation and thought I would chime in. I'm a soon-to-be-retired teacher and would love to be a flight attendant after I retire (I'm tetiring early). Would you please send me the qualifications as well?

Thank you!

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi MJBWife ,                   

Congratulations on your early retirement!  We are honored to hear that you are interested in becoming a Flight Attendant at Southwest.  You must be at least 20 years old to join our Team as a Flight Attendant, have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education. Our job postings can be found at Southwest.com/Careers. If you don't find an open opportunity that interests you, you can sign up to receive our newest jobs via email by visiting workfor.us/Southwest from your desktop, or clicking here to access from a mobile device.

Best wishes with your next adventure,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

angel11
Explorer C

Pls let me know the "height" requirements to become a Flight Attendant for Southwest Airlines? Or requirements for "reach"? Where/Which bases are the Flight Attendants required to work from? 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @angel11,

Welcome to the Community! There is not a height or reach requirement to become a Flight Attendant for Southwest Airlines. We have ten bases out of which our Flight Attendants can be based: Phoenix, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Las Vegas, Denver, Oakland, Baltimore, Chicago (Midway), and Atlanta. Bases are assigned according to operational need and seniority. We hope to see your application next time our Flight Attendant position is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

angel11
Explorer C

Thank you, Ms. Tansey for your prompt and clear response. Yes, I shall put in my application. Thank you very much! 

Faith396
Explorer C

Good Morning,

I was called approximately 11 years ago to join the family at Soutwest but I just started a career with a reginal airlines and did not just want to get up and leave. i have given 7 years to that awesome but would love to work on a larger plane.  I enjoy working in and with a team and i think Southwest is able to giv that to me .

Please inform me when Southwest will be hiring, I hope it the near future.