Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring process

deniseyvonne889
Explorer B

Hello is hiring process been taking longer than usual? The recruiter told me a few days ago it was normal but I’m just checking a little nervous and excited 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hiring process

Cabi002
Adventurer B

It has been a slow process for me but I see on here that for some it’s been pretty quick.  I applied on Jan 28, interviewed on March 3, offered a conditional position on March 4, official offer on March 16th.  Start date isn’t until April 18th. 
Hang in there💜

deniseyvonne889
Explorer B

Thank you and congratulations hopefully they are waiting for after my birthday on the 12th lol. 

Marlissia
Explorer A

Mine taking forever as well I did my virtual interview and received a contingent offer on 3/8. Still waiting on everything to clear! 

deniseyvonne889
Explorer B

Good luck!!👍 

zxcvb531
Explorer A

recruiter told me, since former employee I have to be review before job offer can be given and that many former workers are reapplying since they took voluntary resigned during Con-vid and they have to reviewed them all, I know I should be good since I received an offer from another position 

nakeyamaree
Explorer C

Mine is taking forever too! I interviewed and received CJO 2/21. Still waiting. Reached out to my recruiter and she says just to keep being patient. I’m going nuts lol 

deniseyvonne889
Explorer B

Hopefully it’s just alot of new applicants too review 🙏🏾 

deniseyvonne889
Explorer B

Lol same here good luck

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I was originally told that during my offer that it would be 4-6 weeks after my background check that I'd get my start date. It went a lot quicker than that, and I'll post an updated timeline for myself soon. I really think its taking a while because they are doing hiring events for pilots. There is a shortage and I'm sure that takes priority. Idk. I have my theories. Lol.