Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hot Job: ELDP California

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Southwest Airlines Emerging Leader Development Program (ELDP) is launching its newest program installment: ELDP California in October 2019. Applications open today (June 24, 2019)!

ELDP California is a 14-month job rotational program designed to develop the next generation of excellent Southwest Frontline and Operational Leaders through hands-on experience, training, and mentoring.

ELDP California will be offered in three host locations: Los Angeles (LAX), San Diego (SAN), and San Jose (SJC) and applicants must provide proof of current residency in the State of California. Selected participants will experience on-the-job training, rotation experiences, and Leadership placement in the host location they apply to.

During the program, participants experience two seven-month rotations serving in the Above the Wing Supervisor and Below the Wing Supervisor roles. The program’s structure helps highly motivated participants gain a 360 degree view of our Operation, learn about Southwest’s diverse business, distinctive Culture, and our People-first mentality.

Participants motivate Teams, develop others, and implement strategies that positively impact our business. Our future Leaders also work to hone their Leadership skills, and have great exposure to our Senior Leaders, who engage by providing their time, feedback, and advice during Development Days at our Headquarters in Dallas, TX.   

Following the successful completion of the program, participants are placed in an Operations Leadership role that aligns with their strengths, professional goals, and business need in their location. Leaders commit to serving in a location for 12-months after completing the program and will have the opportunity to continue growth and development through optional post-program experiences.

Are you a leader in California looking to jump-start a successful, challenging, and rewarding career at Southwest Airlines?  Click here to apply to ELDP California June 24 through June 28, 2019!

Kelby
Southwest Careers
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hot Job: ELDP California

MI3006
Explorer C

While in the program, what is the pay (hourly/salary) and are benefits provided? If so, what?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MI3006,

Leaders receive the standard Supervisor pay of $21.40/hour and are eligible for the Southwest Supervisor Bonus program. If participants consistently meet expectations of role and program they will be eligible to receive a $1000 retention bonus following each rotation. They also receive our awesome 401K, ProfitSharing, Health Benefits, flight privileges, and all other benefits enjoyed by Full Time Employees!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

MI3006
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

Thanks for your help. One last question, is $21.40/hour for the duration of the 14month rotation and 12month commitment. Or are there raises within that time period?

Regards.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MI3006,

ELDP California Supervisors consistently meeting role and program expectations will be eligible to receive the ELDP California Retention Bonus ($1000, less applicable taxes) after the 1st and 2nd rotations, but the base pay rate will stay the same throughout the 14 month rotation.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Skatervin
Explorer C

Hello,

When is the next opportunity to apply for ELDP California? Could I also apply for Dallas?

Thank you,

Stacy

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
Keep any eye out for information about the broader ELDP program, see this thread: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/ELDP/m-p/92965/highlight/true#M5568

Customer | Home airport DCA

bstein
Explorer C

I am brand new to seaching for postions with SWA and it looks like I missed this small window to apply for this oppportunity.  I am interested pursing this postion!  Will this application re-open?

Thank you,

bstein

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @bstein and @Skatervin,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest! We will be posting our normal ELDP opportunity in the coming weeks. To be notified when the opportunity goes live, please provide your information here: https://swa.is/ELDP.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Sanguenetta
Adventurer C

So when will we know if we have been accepted for the California position ? I am currently on vacation but I do have my California ID and supporting documents to prove residency.