Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How Long For I-9 Documents?

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

Good Evening Everybody:

For those of you that have recently signed your official offer letter, how long after that was it before you received your I-9 paperwork to fill out? The e-mail I got says they take about 5-10 business days to generate and after those then I will get my New Hire Onboarding packet. @TPArampgirl maybe you have some insight into this?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: How Long For I-9 Documents?

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

I should also clarify that my timeframe is fast approaching and I haven't heard anything yet so just getting additional info that's all. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It should be the 5-10 days, but it could come sooner. Email onboarding or your recruiter if it's been longer than that. I actually never received my onboarding packet and had to email them to receive it. It will literally take you 15 minutes to take care of. It's just a lot of digital signatures, and full of all the handbooks related to you and your position. But make sure you look at the SW employee handbook that's a part of one of the documents you sign. It has all the information related to time off and travel goodies. 😉 I hope this helps! 

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

Thank You! The first 5 business days have come and gone, so I am hoping it shows up within the next 5 business days so I don't have to reach out anyone. Thank you for the insight!

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Hey @Dillonm92  so I got an email from my recruiter and an email from onboarding yesterday (5/20). Now I will say the email did come late in the day around 8pm CST, this email was about adding my emergency contact and reading over important docs 

I do know they did say something about more things to come within 5-10 days but I wanted to help by answering your question.

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@Dillonm92  Did your email ever come?

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

@Ksmitb82 no not yet. I'll wait until at least Friday before reaching out again. It's got me really nervous though because I don't want there to be any delays or anything.

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Ok gotcha when is your start date? 

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

@Ksmitb82 @June 20th

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@Dillonm92 wrote:

@Ksmitb82 @June 20th

Mine is the 13th I have not got that email either, but yes fingers crossed we need everything to go smoothly 😳😬