Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How soon can you use Employee Flight Benefits?

flightess
Explorer C

I understand you are eligible on your first day of employment for standby flights on SW.  Can you use that benefit in your first week or there is a period of time that it takes for you to get registered in the system.

If so, approximately how long after your first day can you begin using?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How soon can you use Employee Flight Benefits?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You can use them right away, basically. As long as you have access to the employee website, you are good. On Day 1, some of us had access, but the majority did not. For your companions, you’ll have to submit documentation and that could take a few days/weeks. I used mine maybe 6 weeks after I started, and now I travel at least once a month. Its great! 

mildredwright44
Explorer B

Question: I have a son that's 34 yrs old, since he is past the 24 yr old mark for flying, can he use my benefit as a companion

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I think if you have a spouse, you do not get a companion. But as far as I know, you can list whoever you want as a companion, as long as you have the option to. They will cover travel benefits and rules during your first week, so don’t worry about it, you can ask your question at that time, and you’ll have a for sure answer. ☺️

Kimi_60mana
Explorer C

How do I book employee nonrev flights 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Kimi_60mana!

You can access the NonRev Portal through SWALife! Happy travels!