Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm?

Jasminejade
Explorer C

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm

Cmoch79
Explorer A

It depends on your workgroup and their union contract.  For the most part, if you work at the airport then, yes.  It's different for flight crews I believe.  

Re: I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm

Jasminejade
Explorer C

My last job offered 10% difference for any night hours. But I really want to work for SWA so just was curious. Thx for ur reply! 

Cmoch79
Explorer A

you're very welcome!  You can also go here    https://swamedia.com/pages/contracts and then do a google search for the union of the workgroup you're interested in. Majority of them have their contracts available to read so you can get specifics. Keep in mind, too, a few of the unions on property are in negotiations now so those contracts could change in the next few months.   Good luck in your search!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

On the ramp, Yes and No. The differential offered is weird and seems so be based on ramp job and schedule, not necessarily just overnights. I can’t make sense of it. And its paid in one lump sum which is nice. You’ll know the differential offered for a job when you view the bid list. It’ll have its own column. I hope this helps!

Jasminejade
Explorer C

Yes, definitely helped! Thanks.

By the way my workday/dashboard says the title in which i applied for and this (OPCA) next to it, would you or anyone know off hand what the meaning of this stands for? I am complete just waiting on start date! 
Thanks 😊 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Its the code for a freight agent. Hopefully thats what you applied for. What it stands for, I have no idea. Haha. Sorry!