Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In progress

Chasebaker15
Explorer C

I applied the same day the Remote job position became available. My time that was submitted 10:29 on June 20th. My application says in progress. It has for awhile now. I know some people already got Interviews. I also know the system was glitching that day so I just wondering if my application really went through. There's no one to contact. So any advice or any help?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: In progress

Jamile94
Adventurer C

Hey. From what I’ve heard they received over 27,000 applications. You are not alone in the lack of communication I check my emails all day every day. They said it can take some time, but as long as your application says in process it is processing.

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Hello @Chasebaker15,

In progress is a very good thing! Until you see the words, or wording similar to "closed complete" you are still in the process to reviewed. 

It seems as though "remote" was a BIG HIT, And y'all broke down the doors. Go to give you all a Yeehaw 🤠! That being said I applied to several positions around the same time and until my dash read "closed complete" of a job, I was still receiving some emails to schedule phone interviews. So hang in there, good luck, keep posting your dates and any communication you receive to help the others in y'alls BIG BOAT of remotes. 

Chasebaker15
Explorer C

My application still says in process. It's been months. I feel like. Is there anyone that can check, maybe it's stuck or something. Since the system was so Clichy that day.

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

@Chasebaker15 

You are not alone with not having heard anything yet. Realistically, it's only been a little over a month. But I can see where it can feel  like months  when you are waiting on something you want / need. 

The recruiters are extremely busy with applications from all of the job openings, not just the Remote CS&S so it is taking longer than usual. There are training classes in Oct & Nov as well so just because you may not make the Sept one, that doesn't mean you won't be placed into one of the other 2. 

Keep in mind that as long as you check your candidate home page and it says in process, they will eventually get to your application.

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

Hi @SHaRK72! I appreciate your positivity. So Awesome! I am a retired SWA employee and also an "In Process" CS&S Candidate. I don't believe I have a favorable time stamp (12:30 Central on 6/20). Are you confident all 27,000 applications will be reviewed? I am hopeful, but that surely is a tall order. Thanks for the input. Have a great evening!

💙💛❤️

r26632

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

@skyrick 

It may seem like a nearly impossible task but they have assured people during several Teams meetings that they will review every application. I believe it to be true as I don't see many, if at all any people stating they received an automatic denial so that would mean the applications would have to be pulled by hand.

Let's break it down by numbers.

I'm sure there were some applications submitted that were not in the approved states so let's deduct around 2000 off the top. Narrowing the number even further down with applications that errored out or were incomplete and we have approximately 23000 left. Hypothetically let's say there are 20 recruiters. That would give around 1150 to each recruiter. Lets say they review 30 applications a day, that puts them at 38 business days to review all applications. They have 4 months (July - October) to review, schedule interviews and do backgrounds and to finally hire. With all of that in mind, I do see it as possible to review all the applications by hand, even if some were not auto denied. Even with less amount of recruiters, it is still possible. 

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

Good Morning @SHaRK72! I Luv your analysis, very thorough. I hope you are correct. I'm very confident that if my application is looked at, I have a great chance of an interview. If I am fortunate enough to get an interview, I know I will Kick Tail. I have been to those Teams Meetings also, "Career Connections," every one for the last 7 or 9 weeks, haha. Good luck to you. I hope you are successful. Thanks again and have a great day!

💙💛❤️

r26632

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

@skyrick Good morning to you as well. You know you've got this in the bag once they pull your application. It's just a waiting game now for you. My bet is you'll make the October training. Have a great day too!

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

Thanks @SHaRK72! The positivity and good vibes you spread makes one feel good! It's contagious, haha, makes me want to help others and spread the LUV. I see that you have a CJO. Congratulations! You'll fit right in and "Rock that headset with a smile in your voice!" credit to Adam Scott, SWA Recruiter. Good luck to you!

💙💛❤️

r26632