Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight Scheduling Position

mnirschl
Explorer A

Hello!  Can someone tell me what this positin entails?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Inflight Scheduling Position

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @mnirschl,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest! Inflight Crew Schedulers are responsible for ensuring all Southwest Airlines flights are appropriately staffed with Flight Attendant crews on a daily basis. Crew Schedulers handle the scheduling, tracking, and monitoring of Flight Attendant schedules, and must be knowledgeable of and comply with a variety of standards including Federal Aviation Regulations, collective bargaining agreements, and company policies and procedures, in the performance of their job functions. They also use a number of computer applications and programs to perform duties.

Crew Schedulers work within Network Operations Control, a 24/7 operational center, and work rotating shifts. Throughout a shift, a Crew Scheduler speaks with numerous Flight Attendants, notifying them of duty assignments, providing assistance and answering questions over the phone, so strong Customer Service and Hospitality skills are essential. They are professional problem solvers, who utilize trained knowledge and critical thinking skills, to resolve daily job responsibilities and operational challenges, in a timely and efficient manner. When events such as weather, cancellations, mechanical delays or other operational challenges disrupt the Southwest Airlines operation, Crew Schedulers must work with urgency and accuracy to realign crews with aircraft, and to maintain the flight schedule.

Check out this video which shows our Network Operations Control, the current work location of our Crew Schedulers.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mnirschl
Explorer A

Thank you so much Kelly!  I am researching the right position to apply for after reading about what a great company Southwest is to work for :).  Most of all I love that you can have fun!  Yeah!  Always wanted to have fun be a big part of what I do for a living :)!  Hard being serious all the time 🙂

mnirschl
Explorer A

Thank you so much Kelby!  I applied for this position and one other :).  Looks challenging and exciting :).  

jguintard
Explorer A

Nice video that gives us a glimpse of the people behind the scences that are working hard to keep flights on time and safe. Very impressive operation and facility.