Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Initial Call

Mswj1999
Explorer B

Hi! I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I received an initial call pertaining to my application about a week after I submitted it. A really upbeat message was left saying I would get a call back. It’s been almost a month now and I haven’t heard anything. Status still says “in review” online. Should I worry? Is it possible they have chosen to move to other candidates since I missed the initial call? It came from an unknown number by the way. Hoping someone can shed some light. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Initial Call

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

I think they may be a bit behind on hiring. I was told 4-6 weeks for background processing and it took a week. 😂 Then I was told 3-5 days for some paperwork to fill out, and it was 2 weeks. 😬 

Also, as long as your dashboard doesn't say 'Closed', you are still in the green! Good luck and check that email often! 

Mswj1999
Explorer B

Thank you so much. I felt so bad about missing the call, but hopeful I would hear back. I love Southwest’s culture. So I’m really looking forward to an opportunity. Thanks again for replying and offering encouragement. Have a wonderful rest of your week. 

Mswj1999
Explorer B

One more question, is a phone call typically followed up with an email? Just in case they call again and I am unable to answer. I am often in meetings during the day and unable to answer my personal cell phone. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I didn't get any phone calls, only emails... I wish I had more info for you. Any updates?

Mswj1999
Explorer B

Hi again,  no updates. Someone named Mallory called and left a message on 2-17-22 and I haven’t heard anything or received an email since. Im hoping I’m still in the running. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

As long as your dashboard doesn't say 'Closed Complete', you are still in the running. Also, if they want to give you an interview, I think they'll have to send an email to at least schedule it. It's a pretty big online calendar with tons of options for you to chose from. 

Mswj1999
Explorer B

Thank you. You have been such a wonderful help. Sometimes people forget that adults need help to. In compassionate and meaningful ways that most people attribute to children who need help. Very appreciative of your advice and the time you take you answer everyone’s questions. Southwest has wings of angels in addition to planes. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@Mswj1999 Aww. Thank you 😊 I'm just doing my best to be helpful. This process can be confusing at times. 

LGB11
Explorer A

@TPArampgirl where is my dashboard located?

Thanks