Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Interview time frame

rkn93495
Explorer A

Hi!

I had applied to a position at Southwest more than a month ago and in the few days after I applied I got invited to a telephonic interview with a recruiter. I thought it went well and I was told they would get back to me in a certain time frame. When they did not get back to me in that time frame, I checked in with my coordinator and was told that they were interested in moving me to the next step in the process of an onsite interview, but they were working on scheduling it and would get back to me about it. It has been almost 3+ weeks since that and I have checked in a few times since but I still seem to be no closer to the interview itself despite a few missed deadlines. My application portal shows "In Progress" but it has been such since a month.

Has anyone else experienced something like this/is this how the process normally proceeds and I am expecting it to be faster? I don't know what else to do but wait as this opportunity is a big deal for me. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Interview time frame

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@rkn93495  unfortunately the hiring process is long. SWA receives hundreds of applicants, and it takes time to select the most perfect candidate. For you, this could be a life changing opportunity, for a Company, it’s an investment. 

I have never applied for SWA, but have been a recruiter at a large Company previously. The recruiters have a responsibility to fill positions with the best fit (education, experience, service skills, etc.). I know it’s hard to wait, but I suggest you practice patience and remain positive.

Good luck to you, and report back to us with your progress.  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

rkn93495
Explorer A

Thank you for your reply @Passenger1C! I fully understand what you are saying and respect it from the organization's point of view. I guess my main issue here is not being given a time frame of when to expect what to happen, even if it a rough estimate. So now I don't even know at what point I should be expecting any sort of update.

Anyway, as you said, patience is the way to go ahead for me now and lets see what happens. Thanks again!

ckeola
Explorer C

Hi I wasn’t sure who to ask but I applied for Southwest on Oct 2, 2019. Will you automatically get an email informing you if you will get an interview or not.  Just wondering? Or what is the process?

SWDigits
Aviator A

@ckeola I've never applied to work at Southwest but from what I've seen here on the message boards you should see updates via email and/or on your online portal.

Good luck!

Customer | Home airport DCA

rkn93495
Explorer A

Hi @ckeola, yes you will get an email informing you of the next steps (such as a phone interview/in-person interview etc etc) and how to proceed with those. You will also see an update in your application portal. This is also true in case they decide not to move forward with your application, you will get an email and portal update informing you of the same.

Good luck!