Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

CoachO1981
Explorer B

Has there been any discussion on when the interviews that were cancelled due to Covid 19 will resume?

Thank You

Airliner79
Explorer C

Hi CoachO1981,

SWA reached out to me a few weeks ago and I did my interviews last week. 

Wishing you the very best of luck!

GGAnt
Explorer C

Hi Airliner79,

I received a notice for my interview a few weeks ago and scheduled my interview at the beginning of September. Did you do a virtual interview? 

Do you mind sharing how the interview and the process went?

Thank you

Will2k
Explorer C

For the application, do you know if we can upload a College transcript instead of a High School transcript?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Will2k,

Yes, you can upload a College transcript in place of a High School transcript.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

UncleBirdman
Explorer C

Hi!, @KelbyTansey!  I'm presenting this program to a group of aviation students who are getting ready to choose a career pathway and I have some questions about some things that don't appear to be included in the FAQs.  These all pertain to the cadet pathway.

1. What percent of applicants are accepted?

2. What percent of cadets complete the program?

3. What percent of cadets that have completed the program are then hired by a WN partner?

4. The Wells Fargo financing option appears to be terminated for the time being; is Southwest planning on reopening that partnership or will applicants be on their own financially?

5. Are housing and food costs included in the sub-$100,000 program cost estimate?

6. What would help a prospective cadet stand out in the application process?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @UncleBirdman , 

Thanks for your questions and I will do my best to answer them but for additional information please feel free to email daniel.riskey@wnco.com. I am happy to let you know that we did secure a new financial lender and we are working with them to generate a formal application process. That being said many of our participants have been able to find financial aid with outside lenders as well. Regarding the cost of the program the ~$100k that is listed for the program does not include housing or living expenses during the training duration of the program. Many of our participants decide to live with other cadets to help keep these costs low, but it is really up to each participant as to what they want to do.

Regarding acceptance and completion, our first cadets started earlier this year and will not reach their prospective jobs as a Southwest First Officer for another four years. That being said one thing we would recommend to anyone who wants to become a pilot is to get out there and do a discovery flight! While not required we have seen a lot more success from candidates in the interview that have been up in a plane and can talk about that experience.

Thanks again and have a great week!

Kindly, 

Joanna F. 

Associate Recruiter- People Department 

Southwest Airlines 

Joanna F.

margtvl
Explorer C

Upon completion of the Cadet 225 program, do you have any kind of degree?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @margtvl  I invite you to explore more about the program through visiting Destination 225° page on our careers site for more information! You can also checkout FAQs for the program here.

Joanna F.

Cptjarvis
Explorer C

Final Panel Interview for 225 program next week! My entire life has led me to this point. I'm beyond excited for my future.