Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

nbarton0626
Explorer C

Hello Kelby,

I recently applied for the cadet program and just scheduled my ADAPT testing for the only date they had available at the end of May. Do you happen to know the start dates for the destination 225? I know they had one starting June 7th but I was curious when the next start date after that was? I have been trying to call and speak with someone at CAE but haven't been able to get through to anyone. Thank you for your time and I appreciate any insight you may have. 

-Nicole

ErinKeeney
Explorer C

For those applying recently, how long does it take for the interview date to be set from when you get the email?  I got mine last week.

ErinKeeney
Explorer C

@nbarton0626 I just took mine, it's an online test, you take it whenever you want!

ryuk19
Explorer C

Hello! 

I have three questions:

If I decide to take the university pathway at ASU, do I have to specifically take the professional flight degree or can it be any under aviation (ex. air transportation management degree)

Around how much would the university pathway at ASU cost

What does the training for the university pathway look like? I'm confused by part saying "selected participants will be eligible to instruct on their college campus for the year following graduation" if for example someone selected only had their PPL.

Thank you!

williamh
Employee
Employee

Thanks for your questions, Ryuk19! If you take the university pathway, you must be enrolled in a degree program under the school of aviation/aeronautics at a partner university. The cost for each pathway varies, so we suggest you reach out to ASU for an estimate.

To your third question, we partner with the University partners because of the strengths of the training they already provide. You essentially go through their flight program and can apply to Destination 225° after your freshman year. If you were selected after that application, you would be assigned a mentor and receive ongoing engagement from Southwest in preparation for the next steps after graduation. I hope that helps! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

ryuk19
Explorer C

Thank you for replying!

I still had a bit of confusion,

The professional flight degree at ASU is the only one that actually provides flight training (from what I know), so does that mean I have to pick this degree in order to apply to the university pathway, even though there are other degrees in ASU's aviation school?

lzhw
Explorer C

Hello,

I was wondering how many students were selected in the destination university pathway so far?

lzhw
Explorer C

Same questions regarding the flight training.

Can I learn fly from any nearby flight school if I attend ASU aviation major?

Is there any specific flight school required by SW Destination 225° University Pathway?

nyrfan1991
Explorer C

Hello i’m scheduled to take the adapt test remotely. I have less then 10 hours of flight time. i’m transitioning careers from law enforcement to aviation anyone have insight to how their process went! very excited to be part of this group.

RitiJ
Explorer C

Hi

Thanks for the info. For the application, do you know if we can upload a College transcript instead of a High School transcript?

Thanks