Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hi @wolves81283,     Thanks for your service, and for you...

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @wolves81283,  

Thanks for your service, and for your interest in this program! I am not sure why you received a blank page, but please try again by going to this link for the military pathway

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

Localco
Explorer C

Thanks for the post. Some genuinely nice and utilitarian information, best cafe abudhabi

swankpaul
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am an alumnus to one of the Destination 225 University programs and prior military aviator (Navigator not Pilot). I already have some Part 135 experience, Class I Medical, Over 3.5 GPA in Masters Program at parter univeristy, and meet all other requirments (except for being alumni instead of a current student.)

Is there a way I can still be a member of this program? It seems like an amazing opportunity.

Thank you,

Paul

haydhall
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am very interested in joining the University program, but have already graduated a partner school. Can I still apply?

Thanks!

ChristianW20
Explorer C

Hi, I am already attending TCC in Fort Worth and training with US Aviation Academy.  Would I be eligible to apply for the Destination 225 program since im enrolled with a partner school?

Thanks.

Hi @ChristianW20 & @haydhall   The answer to your questio...

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @ChristianW20 & @haydhall

The answer to your question can vary depending on the level of flight experience you have and the pathway you are looking at under Destination 225°. For example someone with a CFI or ATP would likely be better off continuing down their current path and building more experience, ultimately applying through our traditional pathway.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Benzene
Explorer C

Hello, I have a question. If ever i got selected for the training. Can i bring along my wife with me during the training in CAE Phoenix, Arizona?

Hi @Benzene,   Thanks for reaching out. You are welcome t...

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Benzene,

Thanks for reaching out. You are welcome to bring anyone along that you would like! That being said, you are responsible for all of your housing and living expenses throughout the duration of the program.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Cptjarvis
Explorer C

Hello,

Im a current Fixed Wing PPL and have been invited to complete the ADAPT assessement in PHX in the coming weeks. Before making this life changing desicion i reallly need to wait for my significant other to finish her degree and start working (expecting completion in Dec. 2019) as i am the current source of income in my family. What is the likelihood this program continues in the following year (2020)? And what is the likelihood that Im selected again if i apply?

The thought of missing out on this once in a lifetime opportunity makes me weak in the stomach and knees. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Regards,

D. Jarvis

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Cptjarvis,

Thanks for reaching out. The Destination 225° program will help Southwest reduce our dependency on the open market by allowing us to train future pilots and is something we plan on continuing into the future. Over the next year alone we are planning for several new classes. Please feel free to reapply at the time you are interested in starting with the program. Best of luck to your significant other in the completion of her degree!

Kelby
Southwest Careers