Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

williamh
Employee
Employee

Good question, RitiJ. A college transcript would be okay, our Team will let you know if they need a high school transcript or equivalent later on. We hope to get to know you better soon!

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

bwalowitz
Explorer C

I have a few questions,

Is the assessment still online or is it back to in-person? and is the fee still $200 to take the exam?
What are some good resources that you all have found to study/prepare for the ADAPT assessment?

Is it possible to use scholarship funds from AOPA or EAA or other organizations like that to help cover the costs of the program?

Rhea3Pamaran
Explorer C

Hello @bwalowitz,

I don't have the answers about using scholarship funds or any of the financing as I haven't got that far in the application process.

The cost for the assessment is $200, I registered in June but didn't take the ADAPT assessment until 2 weeks ago. The instructions in June indicated the assessment will be online and the last date given in this timeframe was September to take the test. 

Once you pay the fee of $200, you will receive a study guide about ADAPT. It covers basic topics on subjects you will be tested on such as Math, Physics and Cognitive Reasoning.

Some of the examples in the study guide covers the questions and you will not be able to use a calculator during the test. For Math and Physics, you will be given the formulas needed. I've heard some stating they bought a study guide from the testing company, while some didn't. I would say that option would be based on your preference or comfortability. I've been told either/or options led to the individuals passing the test.

C_Hunter1
Explorer C

Hello, I am curious about the Destination 225° pathway program. I am a sophomore attending Utah State University in their aviation program. I am currently working on my instrument rating.  When I first learned about Destination 225° I was immediately interested. My university is not a Southwest partner and so in order to participate in the University pathway, I would have to complete a campus reach internship. As I looked through the campus reach internships, I couldn't find one that works well for a student in a professional pilot program. They all appear to be for business, engineering, HR, or other non-aviation specific majors. What campus reach internships are there for professional pilot majors and where can I find them?

Thank you,

Christopher Hunter 

Justinf83
Explorer C

I am currently employed with Southwest and I have a few questions:

1. What incentive does Southwest provide for their current employees to join 225?

2.  Will I retain my Southwest seniority if I choose to become a pilot after completion of 225?

3. How many start days does 225 have in a calendar year?

Thank you,

justin 

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

@Justinf83 wrote:

I am currently employed with Southwest and I have a few questions:

1. What incentive does Southwest provide for their current employees to join 225?

2.  Will I retain my Southwest seniority if I choose to become a pilot after completion of 225?

3. How many start days does 225 have in a calendar year?

Thank you,

justin 

1. I'm not sure if there is an incentive that exists for employees, other than the possibility of being considered for the program with slightly greater preference. D225 does require a lot of time though. I would reach out to Career Mobility to discuss this, or contact the D225 team (or recruiter). Career Mobility can give you the details of who you can contact for further details.

2. It depends. Pilots are under a different contract and union (SWAPA), so any seniority you attain from other contracts (CSA, OPS/Ramp/Provo) will not carry over. You'll have to start fresh seniority-wise when it comes to bids - but you still get to keep your employee ID, original hire date, and all that. TLDR: I believe your job seniority will reset but you keep your company seniority like everyone else.

3. It depends on your pathway and how quickly you want to move through the program. Contact Career Mobility or the D225 team for more insight.

ronanrogers
Explorer C

Hello Kelby,

I was wondering if you could provide more information on the benefits for employees on Destination 225. From the information given I just keep seeing “More information for Employees can be found by visiting SWALife”. Is there more information you can provide with regards to the pathway for employees?

thank you!