Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

amandasoon
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

Thanks for the info. For the application, do you know if we can upload a College transcript instead of a High School transcript?

jdavidbakr
Explorer C

So, does one who goes through Destination 225 bypass the typical route of going through a regional airline before flying for Southwest?

Aostv-mod
Explorer C

Тhanks for shɑring your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for yo ᥙ r further post thanks once again.Aostv

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @amandasoon!

If you are applying for the Cadet pathway you may upload a college transcript instead of a high school one.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jdavidbakr
Explorer C

Hi @KelbyTansey!

Quick question about the corporate route.  I went to each of the parters' websites and noticed that they all require at least 1,500 hours to apply, SwiftAir requires 2,500.  Southwest's FO minimum is 2,500 hours, and from the literature if I'm understanding correctly at that point if you are in the Destination 225 pathway you are able to fill an open position at Southwest once you get to 2,500 hours (assuming you pass the interview).  My question is, if you are going through Destination 225 do you still have to get to 1,500 hours before flying for XOJet or Jetlinx, or as a Destination 225 cadet are you able to start flying for one of the three partners as soon as you complete the education?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jdavidbakr,

Each pathway is different here, too. However, individuals who go through our Cadet pathway will have intense training that will allow them to apply to our corporate partners prior to the 1,500 hour mark. We are really excited about working with all of our partners and about the quality experience our students will get. 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Spreilly71

Thank you for your service! We are excited about the various pathways this program provides and I want to encourage you to apply to to our Cadet pathway. This pathway is designed for individuals like yourself with a passion for aviation but who are just starting out with their flying career. Thanks again for your interest and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

CoachO1981
Explorer B

How will the partnership work with flight schools like US Aviation Academy in Denton?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @CoachO1981

Our partnership with US Aviation Academy is tied to our Employee pathway and will allow for many of our Employees who currently fly as a hobby to pursue their dream of flying professionally! We have more information available to our Employees on our intranet SWALife page. 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

wolves81283
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am an active duty Army Aviator and I am very interested in this program as I am leaving the army within the next twelve months. I clicked on the link that said I was interested but the page was blank. Is there some other way I can apply? Thank you so much for all of your help and time.