Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is not hearing about face-to-face right away a bad sign?

Lalivero
Explorer A

Hey again. So I just had my phone interview and I'm not sure what to make of it(though I asked if I could call back if I had anymore questions, which I feel I might)... but I'm concerned my nerves might've gotten the best of me. Is not hearing back right away or during the phone interview not a good sign? I feel like I answered a little too thoroughly at points, even though I wasn't off topic and you always second guess how things go, ya know, heh(yeah, I know...confidence, but it can be tough with a completely new experience). :3 It was only about 20min.

I've been reading up on others' experiences and, though they are pretty old posts, it seems like it's a good sign if you hear right away. I was really excited when I initially got the phone call from the recruiter because this is definitely something I want to pursue but I guess you always feel like one little thing and boom,  *exit stage please*.

I'm probably just psyching myself up because I definitely do not want to feel like I squandered this opportunity.    ._.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is not hearing about face-to-face right away a bad sign?

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Lalivero  have you heard anything yet?  If not, no news is good news!  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Lalivero
Explorer A

@Passenger1C Really? ...and nope. Iirc, he said something about hearing something later in the week or along that line, unless I heard wrong. I take it that you get a call/email that's basically a yes or no after other interviews?

My dashboard status just feels like a big ?? so the wait game to see if I move on is killing me, haha.

It makes me wonder if I missed a sign of the phone interview not going as well as I'd hoped, which is only natural I s'pose.

Lalivero
Explorer A

Well just got a confirmation email that I'm not moving on in the hiring process, which kinda sucks. I'm able to apply to any other position ofc, but just makes you wonder where things went wrong exactly. 

I definitely want a job with Southwest, so I'll be keeping a sharp eye on new postings, as rare as they seem to be around here, but it is kinda discouraging to not be selected ofc. O:

Guess I gotta just keep trying.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Lalivero  unfortunately, the one who is waiting to hear back suffers the most. This is very important to you, but also important to SWA. Hiring new employees is a huge financial commitment. The recruiters have to go through tons of applicants and that takes time. 

My suggestion to you is; remain positive, and focus on practicing patience. You will go nuts if you can’t stop thinking about your interview. If it doesn’t work out this time, just take this experience as an learning. The experience will make you stronger for the next interview. 

Good luck to you. I sincerely hope it works out. 

Lalivero
Explorer A

@Passenger1C  Thanks for staying in touch about this, because hearing any kinda support always helps make an experience like this more bearable!

I understand it's a waiting game(I didn't think anything until getting that initial call/email) and so it got me shook in regards to not wanting to mess it up and that's where it drove me cuckoo for cocoa puffs a little, heh. It has definitely taught me to keep my cool, because then things can go that much smoother.

Best believe that I am keeping a close eye on any other opportunities that pop up here, since there is something called alerts. ^^:cattongue:

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@Lalivero sorry you didnt move along in the interview process...THIS time.  Now you can look at the experience as an advantage for when you do apply again. Don't overthink how your first interview went. Just know that next time, you will be more prepared. Go research more about the postion and come up with answers that will stand out, and remember to always be genuine. 

Lalivero
Explorer A

@Passenger1C 

Kinda random but hey again. I recently saw a new opportunity posted on the 8/9th, applied asap, and got an email from another recruiter on the 15th for a phone interview, which I just did a few hours ago. So there really is no certain time frame to expect to hear back is there? 6 days was really fast(compared to the last time which was just over a month) and apparently this was the last day of phone interviews at that.

I'll know by tomorrow if I move on this time, but I can say that I felt quite a bit better this time, even with a lil hiccup at one point. Ya never know, heh. :3

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Lalivero  wow that was fast. That's awesome. Have you heard anything yet?  I've been told it can take days or weeks depending on timing. 

Reply back with what's your current status. 

Lalivero
Explorer A

@Passenger1C Ikr? The email from her literally popped up while I was talking about SW and I'm like 'wow...only 6 days?!' If you mean a final say btw, nope, not yet. Just wait game again, though I thought she said by the next day.

Ofc I did have a lil bit of a brain fart on something big(?), but hope I'm at least fresh on the mind since it was the last day of phone interviews and I was mostly relaxed. :V

And it's a call you get rather than email if it's a yes, right?