Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job Application * confused *

MyronMoton
Explorer B

My status has said “ In Process “ for a long time over a month now for Ramp . Why take so long ? How fast do they usually cancel out employees? I’ve herd of people getting denied after a day of applying . It’s better to know I’m denied then it just sitting for so long 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Job Application * confused *

Passenger1C
Aviator C

There’s a saying… “no news is good news”. Practice patience, I’m sure it will pay off. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

MyronMoton
Explorer B

Understand what you are trying to say but that’s a sympathetic answer . There’s people who claim they applied months ago and it still says” In Process “ . People need Empathy not Sympathy. That’s why I’m wondering why won’t they just deny some people and let them know . It’s a recession and some people have to buy clothes for interview and schedule things have kids etc . These are the reasons why people are asking so many questions 

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

That’s a real answer to your question.  I say that because we all have been in your shoes.  I had my interview on May 4th and did not get my final offer and start date until the end of June.  I was in my feelings a little bit because my thoughts were all over the place. I had nothing to worry about, but I couldn’t understand why it was taking sooooo long.  Everyone was telling me to be patient, but that was hard.

MyronMoton
Explorer B

that make senses . End of may . Application was June 22nd and it’s a month after and still days in process so a month has already passed and everyone isn’t in the same shoes I know people who have been denied the exact next day so to wait a month plus with hearing nothing is different 

Nashelle37
Adventurer C

I do know that they are interviewing for more than on position at one time most of those applications are the 27k for the CS&S position. They do say no news is good news. They are definitely behind. If you can join some of the info sessions they have on Tuesdays. But it’s just gonna take time. Best wishes and luck to you!!

Jamile94
Adventurer C

@Nashelle37 How do you join those… I signed up but I get emails with other positions… not the link to the info session.

Nashelle37
Adventurer C

I’m not exactly sure you should get and email but be able to join every Tuesday at 12 noon CST

skyrick
Frequent Flyer C

Hi @Nashelle37 and @Jamile94! You can sign up for Career Connections on the Events tab at Southwest Careers. Hope this helps! Have a great day! 💙💛❤️

r26632

Nashelle37
Adventurer C

Thanks! I’m good to go. Waiting to do background stuff!