Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job Applications Time Frame

Jataurra
Explorer B

Hello! 

After completing more than one job application almost a month ago, could someone provide me with a time line for a rejection email or a possible interview?

i know SWA is very competitive and busy with thousands of job applications, I just want to keep an open mind.  I’ve gotten a rejection email from one application, nothing from the others. On my dashboard, it just says submission received.

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Job Applications Time Frame

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Jataurra how many roles have you applied for with SWA? What is your career path? Are you qualified for what you are applying for?

My suggestion is to be patient and continue checking your dashboard. 

No news is good news.  

Good luck! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Jataurra
Explorer B

@Passenger1C thank you so much for the kind words. Yes, I qualify for all of the positions I’ve applied for. Just wanted to know. Didn’t want to get discouraged. Someone told me if they’re not reviewing my application by now, I’m not getting an interview. I just wanted some clarification.

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@Jataurra the hard part is trying to stay positive and not listen to others. Each individual interview is different. Since each interview is different, the time will come for you to leave a positive and memorable impression with the recruiters. Don’t get discouraged. 

Another thing to keep in mind is don’t over think the process...that will drive you and only you crazy and potentially impact your interview. I can tell you are passionate, so stay positive. Interviews are not meant to be personal, but an opportunity for the recruiters to get to know you. Tell SWA your story, and if you don’t get the job this time, there is always next time. Even recruiters have been in your situation before. 

Please check back here and let us know how you are doing through the long process. Best wishes! 

Jataurra
Explorer B

@Passenger1C  Thank you. It’s hard! I’m staying as positive as I can. SWA is a company that I see myself growing with. I know the process is long yet competitive. All of my application statuses still say “submission received”. This could be a good thing, im not sure.

As always thank you for the encouragement.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Jataurra honestly with the number of candidates, I would say that no news is good news. Worse case scenario is if you do receive a message “closed & complete”, you reapply in a year. I have good feelings about your current status. Just keep up the positive attitude and remember why you applied for the position. It’s all about caring for people and providing service. 

Jataurra
Explorer B

@Passenger1C  th k you so much again for the words of encouragement. It’s tough! I’d just like to transition to a company such as SWA and their company culture. I’ll just pray about it and hope for a interview.