Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job Location

Ordinarygirl
Explorer C

Hello!

I recently set up job alerts to be notified when jobs posted at my local airport.  That is MHT in Manchester, NH.  Yesterday, I received an email notification of a job at the BOS airport located in Boston, MA.

Now it's very common for folks to live in NH and work in MA and vice versa because our states up in here New England are much smaller than the rest of the country 🙂 However the job posting for the BOS airport says you must be a resident of Massachusetts in order to be considered for the job.

And while I do not know their reasoning I do know that it means it's required.  

So here's the thing - I only asked for jobs in NH in my alert.  Did I get this alert because of it's proximity to me or is it possible this job is located in NH?  The req # is 2018-21976.

I'd surely appreciate if anyone knew the answer as I would LOVE to work in the MHT airport 🙂 

TTFN
Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Job Location

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ordinarygirl,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team in MHT! It looks like that position is based at the Boston-Logan Airport. You most likely received a notification due to your proximity to BOS. We hope to see your application the next time there is an opening in MHT!

Kelby
Southwest Careers