Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job Requirements

JacobPloof
Explorer C

Hello!

I am a Senior High School student graduating 1 month from now. I submitted an application for a ramp agent earlier today and immediately after clicking submit I received an email saying I do not meet the requirements for the job because I haven't graduated yet. I will be out of high school by the time I would start working. Is there a way to tell them I will be graduated or do I just have to wait until after the graduation date to submit the application? I am making a big move this summer and I was hoping to get a job lined up as soon as possible. 

Thank you for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Job Requirements

JacobPloof
Explorer C

I also just realized that the denial may have been because I do not currently live in the state in which I applied for. I am moving there soon but as I currently do not reside in the state I selected no when asked if I did.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JacobPloof wrote:

I also just realized that the denial may have been because I do not currently live in the state in which I applied for. I am moving there soon but as I currently do not reside in the state I selected no when asked if I did.

That is probably your problem.

AdamS
Explorer A

@JacobPloof wrote:

Hello!

I am a Senior High School student graduating 1 month from now. I submitted an application for a ramp agent earlier today and immediately after clicking submit I received an email saying I do not meet the requirements for the job because I haven't graduated yet. I will be out of high school by the time I would start working. Is there a way to tell them I will be graduated or do I just have to wait until after the graduation date to submit the application? I am making a big move this summer and I was hoping to get a job lined up as soon as possible. 

Thank you for the help!

I find it quite strange,as it's a matter of time that you will have your diploma when you will get there,really weird that they didn't accept you,kudos to you!