Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LGB Ramp agent

wysey79
Explorer B

So had my interview on 2/9 cleared my background and drug test on 2/21 got an email regarding the start date on 3/25 and got another email that if I wanted to start in SNA on 3/25 I decline SNA as LGB is down the street from my house. I was told it could take up to 90 days to start at LGB. I have emailed at 30 day and 60 day with no update coming up on 90  days on 6/25... Does anyone know what the hold-up is or is anyone in the same situation?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: LGB Ramp agent

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Continue to be patient. I'm not sure the situation with LGB, but I'm sure they are working as efficiently as they can to get the ball rolling. You are almost there! Let's hope you hear something soon. 🙏 Keep us updated.

wysey79
Explorer B

Thanks for the reply…… I am just Beyond excited to start with SOUTHWEST it can’t come soon enough….

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I remember the feeling! 😀 Luckily, you get to work in that nice Cali weather! Definitely use this time to study your city codes. At this rate, you'll ace that test on the first day! ✔️💯

jmalloy
Adventurer A

When was the last time you inquired about status? I am a ramp agent at LGB and I believe it's just a matter of having enough trainers and scheduling. I heard we have some new hires coming in but I don't know when. 

I suggest you email again so that you can at least get a start date.

Let me know if I can help with anything. It's a great station to work at.

wysey79
Explorer B

@jmalloy I have email every 30 days.Each time I get simpler reply which says no update at this time. I plan on sending another email at the 90 day mark. I do have 8 years experience with another airline. So I know what needs to be done on the ramp. 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Sounds like we could definitely use you. Keep us updated on this discussion forum and I hope to work with you soon.

Once you get your official start date, feel free to reach out to me. I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Good luck!

wysey79
Explorer B

Thanks appreciate all the help for. Everyone… look forward to working with you… 

wysey79
Explorer B

Got my start date July 5!!!!! Again thanks for all the help 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Awesome! You missed the BBQ today, but there will be more.

Welcome aboard and again, feel free to ask any questions.