Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Minor questions about Now Onboarding

a132
Explorer C

Hello! 
I am so glad to finally join the SWA family! I've waited for so long, and I can happily announce that I will be going to DAL for Now Onboarding!

with that being said, I do have a couple of quick questions:

since I'm only in Dallas for the day, is there a place I can put my luggage away at TOPS while I'm in training ?

also, for the ladies, what would you consider casual/professional wear for training? I want to make sure I look my best, so I know this question might seem a little off 😅

either way, thank you so much and I hope to see you all soon! ❤️

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Minor questions about Now Onboarding

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I would try to minimize luggage if its only a day trip. If it's an overnight, I'm sure they'll take care of you and/or provide you more info as it gets closer to your date. 

As far as outfits go... during training I wore a pair of black, fitted pants, pointy-toed, black flats, a black blouse, and I carried a silver bag.

Another outfit I wore was a white top, with a black, midi-length, pencil skirt, and black ballet flats. I also wore a pink ribbed basic shirt with a striped, purple, knee-length pencil skirt and pink ballet flats. I was cute, classy, and always fashionable. Lol. Most importantly, remember to wear a friendly face. 😊

jmalloy
Adventurer A

I'm curious as to why you'll only be there one day. Depending on your position, you should be in Dallas for a few days.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I assume its an in-flight positon. 

Joep
Adventurer A

If you are going to be their for one day, at HQ they do have a place to pu your  luggage until you are done with training. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

There is a luggage room, for employees in DAL. A small room with security access door, that I bet you could stow in there. I'm with @TPArampgirl, I'd go ALL business dress. Like skirts to the knee, business pants "slacks or trousers",  tops that my mom calls "blouses", Blazer, or light weight cardigan, dresses with sleeves or matching jacket.  Most stores have good Spring Sales right now because of Easter. Good time to get some basic "dressy" pieces. Closed toe shoes with a small or no heel. It has been raining on/off here in "D" so humid and warm. Layers work best with the outside hot and most insides are running full AC. Have Fun! 

a132
Explorer C

Thank you so much! I now feel so much more at ease.  @TPArampgirl is right, it's definitely an inflight position. 

thank you all so much!