Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple Interviews

brittg72409
Adventurer B

Help! When I applied at SWA, I applied for a few different positions. 

I have a final interview (3rd interview) for one position at SWA. 

Today I got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview for another position. 

Will interviewing for the second position kick me out of consideration for the position im already a finalist for? I want to do the interview just in case I’m not selected for the first position, but don’t want to “shoot myself in the foot”. I emailed my recruiter, but was hoping for some peace of mind in the meantime. 

Id be happy in either position but the first one (the one I’m already a finalist for) really is a better fit for me 🤞🏼🥺

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Multiple Interviews

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I think you'll be okay. You're already doing the right thing by checking with your recruiter. If you don't get your first choice, at least you will have a back-up, and that's always a good thing. 👌 

ShellyV
Adventurer B

I interviewed for 2 positions one day apart and was offered both positions. They gave me the option to pick the one I wanted more. Interview for both. Good luck

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

@brittg72409 Which job did you pick? I'm Corp as well and onboard 6-6

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be I withdrew from the second one because they were unable to meet my salary requirements. I had my F2F for the first one on Friday, so I’m waiting to hear back. How long did it take for you to hear back after your F2F? 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

I heard back that day. Right after  I left the the video conference with several mgrs of LEAD OPS, my recruiter called my phone. She asked that I return to chat room, and that's where they gave me my CO. Things happen different for everyone, so keep watching out for any calls, or emails  🤞

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be good to know. Mine was at the end of the day Friday before the holiday weekend so my recruiter was already gone and my interview was only with the direct person I’d be working with. I’m hoping to hear from my recruiter tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

I'm sending you Good vibes all day! 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be 

they called today and said all they need to do now is check my references then they can send a CJO! 🙌🏼

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

YES!!!! Congratulations! Try to screenshot, save, or print every email that will start coming your way. Woohoo!