desmondrl
Adventurer A

Update added today, 8/30/22.

6/20/22 - applied 9ish am CST

6/29/22 - received email invite @9:27am for phone interview

6/29/22 - 12:30 Phone interview/invited to virtual interview

6/30/22 - scheduled virtual interview for 7/12/22 @11:30am

7/12/22 - virtual interview/offered position at the end

7/12/22 - 6:30ish pm received email with CJO, accepted, provided the info requested (covid vac status, SS#, date of birth) all before 7pm

8/9/22 - received background email, drug test email, and phone call all around 1:15pm. Provided all info for the background check (about 3pm), and called to schedule my drug test, which was also done today (4pm). Now I wait for the next steps.

8/10/22 - received email notification that my background check was complete (8:45am)

*I've lived in the same house for 20 years, and at my last job for 8 1/2 years (left in May). That's why it came back so fast.

8/11/22 - employment history & education verified.

8/16/22 - received official offer with link to book flight; flight reservation confirmed.

8/30/22 - received class date/time/classroom # verification.

*now just waiting on hotel information.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: My CS&S timeline so far

bpandj
Explorer C

I haven’t even been invited for a phone screening. My application had been sitting at “in progress” for 3 weeks. It’s getting quite discouraging hearing ppl are getting hired and i haven’t heard anything. I applied at 9:30 CST so I thought I would hear something by now. 

Congrats on the CJO! I hope you love the job! 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@bpandj don't be discouraged! I know some states had more applications than others, and they are running very behind. As long as your application still shows 'in process' and you've not gotten a denial email, you are still in the works! There won't be just 1 training class, so even if you don't make the September class, don't worry!

domveenine
Adventurer A

@bpandj The last career connections webinar mentioned they had only gotten through a little less than half of the applications. Don't get discouraged just yet. 

@desmondrl congrats on the CJO! With the number of applicants they have been processing, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit to communicate on the next steps. 

-You're Now Free To Move About The Country

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@domveenine thank you!! And yeah, I know it could take some time. I'm just really excited and want to get moving on it soon. I really would love to be in the Sept training class. And the last day of the 6 weeks training would be the day before my bd, so it would be an awesome gift! lol!!

bpandj
Explorer C

I missed the Career Connections last week and I was so sad, so thank you for telling me that. I knew I probably missed something important. 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@bpandj the Tuesday sessions aren't a requirement related to our applications. They are just weekly info sessions. Last week, it was related to flight attendants. I missed it also, since I was so excited about my offer. I was dancing, skipping, fist pumping all over my house!! lol!

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

I'm at the same step you are. I received the CJO email and completed all task on 7/12 and nothing yet. I was told during virtual interview that it could take up to a week after completing the first set of task to get the drug test, background check, etc email. 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@SHaRK72 Thank you for that info! Maybe we'll hear something on Monday or Tuesday. Still time to hit that Sept class!

Nashelle37
Adventurer C

My recruiter let me know they are entering me In the system for the next steps. So by Monday or Tuesday.