Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: My Hiring Process

ShellyV
Adventurer B

@Av8orCree 

Do you recall how long it took to get your onboarding emails? My recruiter told me Thursday to be on the lookout for them. 

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

@ShellyV 

The recruiter said to expect onboarding emails within 3-5 days. I received them seven days later. 

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

@wacowgirl 

New hire paperwork has been submitted and I received my official SWA employee ID. I am ready for my first day, Monday 2/21 @ 08:00. Per the email sent by our field instructor, first week is all classroom setting. I'll let you know how it goes. 🙂

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Right on @Av8orCree!! That's so exciting! I'm supposed to hear from the Station so it almost sounds like I'll be reporting to DEN and then Dallas? I have no clue! Waiting is so hard even after getting the job!! 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Right on and congrats. I believe you said you'll be at SNA? I think I'm a few weeks away from starting in LGB. Hopefully  I get an update early next week. Be safe out there.

victorulloa
Adventurer C

I heard they are resuming training in Dallas. Do you know if you’re flying to Texas for training? 

ShellyV
Adventurer B

Yes, we'll be flown to Dallas for training. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

L❤️e this post.  You can feel the 💗 you have for "YOUR" company. Please continue to post throughout your process and on. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

😎 Yup cool like "Av8orCree"

Went straight to https://www.swathestore.com/

to start filling my shopping bag full of SWA swag! 

Evie7
Explorer C

I’m SO happy for you!! Crossing my fingers (and toes!) that I’ll get a call to get the chance to interview!! I submitted an application about 2 months ago and my dashboard status still says in progress. I’m still hopeful! 

Good luck on your new journey!!