Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: My Hiring Process

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@Av8orCree Did you ever end up getting a USPS email? My employment process is also listed as 'complete', but I just want to make sure. 

And are we going to get a post about your first week? 😉 

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

First week complete! Lots of computer based training covering everything from company policies to hazardous material handling, and a whole lot in between. As you can imagine Southwest’s priority is safety, so lots of information on safety checklist procedures and documentation. We were tested daily on city codes - 120 to be exact. We took the final test on the last day, to pass you will need to score a minimum of 80%. I don’t know what happens if you don’t pass.

There is a backlog with this airport assigning SIDA badges, so only two of the four in my class will receive theirs tomorrow and begin OJT. Nobody is allowed into secure areas without this badge. 

Everyone I’ve met so far have been so nice and welcoming. I’m nervously excited to get out on the ramp tomorrow.

@TPArampgirl i did not receive anything with regards to USPS background checks. 

Sameerirshad
Explorer C

Best of Luck👍

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@Av8orCree  what does the test on the last day consist of? Are you allowed to use notes?

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

The daily practice tests were done on paper, basically a printed Excel spreadsheet. This made it a little easier to memorize because the three-letter codes, not the cities, the codes were in alphabetical order. If I had a hard time remembering one, I could use the code above or below as a hint. Unfortunately, the computer-based test is broken up by sections (i.e. Southwest, Pacific, Southeast, etc...) and are in random order. Notes are not allowed, it is a memory test.

I will not copy/paste the test here as I don't feel it would be appropriate. However, SWA's destinations can obviously be found on their reservation page. I used Quizlet to create flash cards.

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

Finally, I have my SIDA badge in hand! Tomorrow I will finally start training on the ramp. Although they have given me an employee ID#, I have not received my ID badge yet.

LGB11
Explorer A

Awesome thanks!!