Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My Hiring Timeline for Ramp Agent

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Hi y'all! I am new to this community and I've been kind of lurking on everyone's posts (lol) so I decided to make my own because I've noticed everyone has had a different experience so far. 

2/3- Application submitted online at probably 1 a.m. (I'm a night owl)

2/3- In Lieu of phone interview, filled out some screening forms. 

2/3- Email to complete employment application.

2/7- Email to schedule virtual interview. I took the first available date and time.

2/14- Virtual Interview with a recruiter. He was so nice and full of information. I didn't have more than 1 person interviewing me.

2/14- Contingent Job Offer immediately after my interview. *Big Smiles*

2/16- Email to complete employment screening within 48 hours. Scheduled for the next day.

2/17- Fingerprinted and drug screened.

2/17- Email that Sterling is reporting my background information to SWA.

2/23- Email from SW stating my employment screening is complete.

2/23- Email from SW about determining a start date. 

This has been my process so far. It's all gone so quick! I am still waiting for my USPS email. The gentleman who interviewed me stated it was taking between 4-6 weeks right now. He also said I would be going to Dallas for 2 weeks. I think he mispoke about it being 2 weeks. From all my reading, I keep seeing that it'll only be a week. 

I am so excited to start my career with Southwest! I have been trying to get into aviation for a few months after getting my Avionics Tech Certificate. Most airlines want years of experience that I don't have yet. Southwest offers Apprenticeship programs and I am working to make it into maintenance and get my A&P.

I can't wait to connect with y'all when I get to Dallas!  

12 REPLIES 12

Re: My Hiring Timeline for Ramp Agent

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Hi TPArampgirl,

Our timelines and processes are almost identical. I was also told two weeks in Dallas but I'm reading more like a week. 

Can't wait to get an actual start date and training dates. Once all is said and done, I'll be stationed at Long Beach.  Hope to see y'all in Dallas soon. I know some great bbq spots.

LGB11
Explorer A

@jmalloy I'm headed to LGB to...we are running about the same timeline..I  did fingerprints and drug test on 18th...I  went to Sterling website to check background status...hope to meet you 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Hello LGB11, nice to hear from someone from Long Beach. My email has been a little quite the last few days but I expect to hear something early next week. We're getting close!

I look forward to meeting you and getting out there and working. 

By the way, Sterling  will notify when you they have submitted your info and SWA will email you when your background check is complete. Mine is done, I'm just waiting on start date and USPS info.

allsmilezzz
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl Heyyyy I’ll be a csa at TPA so we’ll probably meet eventually lol congratulations 🎉 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

How exciting! Hopefully I'll see you around sometime! 

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl 

I'll  be in Tampa for Ramp as well! Still waiting on starting date!!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@Alex1231 I have a start date of 04/04!

Alex1231
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl 

Heyyy that's what's up! My timeline is similar to yours so hopefully I'll hear something soon

Did they call you or email you?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@Alex1231 I just got my email maybe an hour or two ago. It hasn't been long.