Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My dreams are slipping through my fingers

Bella12
Explorer A

My dreams of being a flight attendent feels like they are slipping away. I answer the questions and give my honest opinion on the questions and the what would you do. I answer the question based on gut alone. And of course never been put into a position where I had tell soneone to secure their seatbelt. How about give someone a class room setting and see how they would react to a situation and make it a teaching moment. I feel I have been put on this Earth to serve others and make them happy.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My dreams are slipping through my fingers

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Bella12 have you looked into taking courses at Junior Colleges that focus on Travel and Tourism?  If not, that to me sounds like a great place to start and gain knowledge. After you have the knowledge, then start looking into job opportunities. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Bella12
Explorer A

My college training is in Real Estate. Could I also look into. Tourism as well?1

Blackgod91
Explorer A

@Bella12

Stay persistent. Anything worth having isn’t easy to obtain. I personally would start on YouTube and view videos that give tips on the entire process. IMO I answer those questions based on what I feel they want to hear. It’s been 3 weeks since my interview and fingerprints and still no answer. Keep hope alive, positivity is a state of mind. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Bella12 Anyone can take classes at a JC so yes, you can take a Travel & Tourism class. You can always call and speak to the Administration at a JC for more details. 

Just remember to stay positive, and don’t let anyone’s comments about the struggle to land a job with SWA hinder you. You are the one who will set the tone for your dream job. 

Good luck to you! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Bella23

I know.. I know.. this is not a easy one. I do find the applicant process VERY frustrating. You see, as a hearing impaired applicants trying to land the job as a ramp agent. I do find this hard one, a difficult one.

I have applied previously and this year, this is my 4th time applying, however, if you applied for a job and had a interview. If they tells you that they turned you down and ever apply for the job again. You will have to wait for a year. This whole process do cringe my stomach.

I like to tell you for one things: Don't ever give up your hope and dreams.