Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My week in Dallas

jmalloy
Adventurer A

So here's a quick review of ramp training at TOPS. A group of 16 of us from LGB went last week. 

When you land, a large bus will be waiting for you to take you to the Crowne Plaza Market Center. Check in was pretty quick and easy and the rooms were totally adequate. 

Day one was onboarding and free breakfast at the hotel was really good and ready early. We usually got on the bus by 645am.

They divided us into two classes for Ramp and our instructors were really engaging and we learned a lot quickly. 

On day one, you'll get your visa card to use for food. Plenty of food options at TOPS.  You'll do a self guided tour on Monday or you can just explore on your own. Lots of cool stuff to see.

Thursday will be your tests and you'll do just fine if you pay attention and take plenty of notes.

We had a code for local Lyft rides so be sure to ask about that.

Most important!!!!, be on time (early).

It's possible to be sent home if you're not to class on time.

I'm glad I went and I learned quite a bit more than I have on OJT.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: My week in Dallas

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

We didnt get Lyft codes! They told us they were for emergencies only.  😞 I must've spent $100 on lyfts. 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

We heard rumors about it and guy from another station had the code. Maybe you can hit up your sup to see if you can be reimbursed. We had 14 rides available for each of us.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I'm not going to go through the trouble. Lol. Did you do any exploring?

jmalloy
Adventurer A

We went into downtown neighborhood of Deep Ellum and had some good BBQ. I have family there so I got to see Mom and brother. I think the best thing about the trip is how our group bonded and that will make us all better teammates at work.

Eredd
Explorer A

awesome Information @jmalloy. Thank you for sharing.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Yesss! Like I said in my post, we created a group chat for the trip. We are still using that group chat. Now that we are signed off, when we have time, we go check on each other. Its nice to have a group where if you need help or are struggling, someone is willing to step up for you. Its so nice. 🥲

Tnihipali
Explorer C

Niiiice! I’m still waiting on my start date for LGB, they said there was a 1-3 month delay in March.