Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Need an expedited relocation transfer

ZJohn
Explorer C

I have been working for Southwest Airlines (ramp agent) for a little over 4yrs now and I put in a transfers to relocate every January. Now I need the relocation transfer ASAP because my fiancé and I are expecting and I need to get there. Is there anything that I can do? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need an expedited relocation transfer

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't work for Southwest so I don't know exactly how they handle these things, but it seems like something you could contact HR about to see if there is a process to review requests outside of the usual schedule. Good luck and congratulations! 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Need an expedited relocation transfer

VeraFrolova
Explorer C

I really understand what you mean about moving. Many people have had questions about moving much faster than what was said. I read a lot about moving when I moved to Florida, and look here many people are asking similar questions as I am. It made me feel so much better than I wasn't the only one with some silly questions about the best way to move. If you want to move to another country or city, you need to understand, do you really want to? Will the local people be able to accept you? So I needed to find someone to support me, and this site helped me a lot.