Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Hire Customer Service Agenttt

Tmike92
Adventurer B

First off, WELCOME & CONGRATULATIONS.

I'm currently in week 3 of training 🙂 

Your first week is called “federal” week. It’s where you go over required courses and conpany policies  before you can start OJT. You’ll order uniforms and be able to set up your benefits. At my station it was M-F for week one, but the next 2-3 weeks Its OJT and had a mix of shifts mirroring my trainers schedule.

I leave to Dallas on Sunday for 11 nights 🙂 

STUDY YOUR AIRPORT CODES!

it’s required for you to pass with 85% or higher, your trainer won’t be able to reload the course if you do not pass. It must be taken prior to heading to Dallas.

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Tmike92 @Thank you so much for the in depth detail information so just to clarify i take the airport code exam before i go to Dallas ??

Tyeshatownsend4
Explorer C

Hello, can you explain what is OJT and is there anything that I can study that would prepare me or help me achieve passing scores? Also is there test throughly the whole 6 weeks of training?

Thanks!

xin8555373994
Explorer C

Hello there,

Glad to hear about things you shared. I am also interested in joining Southwest team. Can you tell if there is also remote work or work from home type vacancy for the same role.

Cheers & thanks in advance

Pattalamantez
Adventurer C

https://airlinecareer.com/tests/24-hr-clock-test/

Add 12 to the hours between 1:00 and 11:59 PM and eliminate "PM." For the afternoon, evening, and night hours, simply add 12 to the 12-hour time to convert it to 24-hour time.

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Pattalamantez I do Know my military time 

Tyeshatownsend4
Explorer C

Hello, can you share what the training consisted of and what test did you have to pass? I read about the military time and airport sighs, can you share what else or other skills they test you on?