Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

OPS Agent inquiry

mseti1926
Adventurer C

Is anyone in the final stages of the hiring process for OPS Agent (waiting for start date), or if you’re currently a new hire for OPS how long did it take to get your start date? Going on 2 weeks now since I’ve been cleared from background and fingerprinting and over a month since I received my CJO. I just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. Very eager to get started, but the waiting game is somewhat stressful. Hopefully I hear something soon 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: OPS Agent inquiry

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

@mseti1926 wrote:

Is anyone in the final stages of the hiring process for OPS Agent (waiting for start date), or if you’re currently a new hire for OPS how long did it take to get your start date? Going on 2 weeks now since I’ve been cleared from background and fingerprinting and over a month since I received my CJO. I just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. Very eager to get started, but the waiting game is somewhat stressful. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Hello,

I’m in the same boat.  I’m going in as an Ops Agent.  It been since May 4th since I’ve accepted my CJO, and haven’t received a start date.  My application still says under review.  I will be a BWI.  The wait has been awhile.

mseti1926
Adventurer C

@Yocity2022  have you contacted your recruiter or are you just gonna wait it out? I was thinking of contacting mine, but reading the timelines of others…I may wait to see what happens. Mine status says “In Progress”. 

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

My status just went to “in progress”.  Start date 7/25.I guess I was emailing them to no end.  Lol

SMA
Explorer A

Hi,  I'm also waiting.  Received offer letter on July 15, today is August 1 and I still have not received the emails to complete the hiring process.  I sent an email to recruiter listed on the contigent offer letter, so far no response.  On the letter is does say that process can take up to 4-6 weeks to complete.  From reading several post is seems like other people also went through same process.  Please share any helpful information.  Thanks 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@mseti1926 @Yocity2022 I cannot stress enough to be patient. Southwest is hiring more people in 2022 than ever before. It is a group of humans, not automated robots, doing everything, and they are doing their best to get to everyone. You haven't been forgotten! Your day will come soon and we are all so eager to meet our new co-hearts. Hang in there! 

mseti1926
Adventurer C

@TPArampgirl  thanks for the reassurance. I’m just anxious that’s all. Really looking forward to starting soon. @Yocity2022 so happy you’ve gotten your start date! Congratulations 😁🎉

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

@TPArampgirl  is soooo right!  I think for me, I load plan aircrafts with freight at another company, and I’m ready for this new adventure.  So long heavy composite boots!  @mseti1926 its your turn now!