Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

OPS Group chat

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

Hey i don’t know if this is allowed but i love to start a group chat with all ground ops employees  just help each other out and introduce ourselves and talk about our process and next steps ( where we are in the process ) and journey and staying in contact after starting. If anyone is down for that 

24 REPLIES 24

Re: OPS Group chat

Cabi002
Adventurer B

I'm willing to chat and share.

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Cabi002 @Yes let’s definitely chat I’m down 

Cabi002
Adventurer B

@CeceGirl29 

where will you be working?

I signed my I9 and policy paperwork this week. Now waiting to hear from the station. I need to know what time and where I need to be on the 18th. Also when do I go for my SIDA Badge.  I was in the military so I’m used to the “hurry up and wait” 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Cabi002 I just did my drug screen and my fingerprints today and they say my background will be back on the 8th per Sterling ! What’s your Snapchat or instagram 

Cabi002
Adventurer B

@jenac8718 on instagram 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

I added You @Cabi002 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

2 weeks before my start date, I got an email to start the SIDA process. I just had my appt for my badge on this past Friday, and I start on Monday. 😅 I got all my first day info on Thursday. When I went to have my badge done, I was able to meet with our local SW rep afterwards and ask all the questions I wanted. But yes, hurry up and wait. Lol

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@TPArampgirl @So afrrr you do your drug screen and fingerprints do you get an email to do your badge or is that after you clear ? Im currently looking me up a cute suitcase to travel to Dallas with 🤣

Cabi002
Adventurer B

After my drug/fingerprints I received an email with the formal offer and a generic schedule of training.  Almost two weeks after that email I received my on boarding email.

Training

Week one is at the airport in “classroom”.   Weeks 2-3 are OJT. After that you go to Dallas.  The amount of time your in Dallas depends on your job. I’m an ops agent so just 5 days.  Then you return for more OJT.