Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Once hired - hotel accomodations??

desmondrl
Adventurer A

For those that get hired, once we land in Dallas, is there a shuttle to the hotel? And is it possible to stay the weekend between training weeks??

I don't know about other cities, but here at MCI, people fly back home just to find their vehicle stolen from the airport. That includes the pay-per-day garages, too. I'm not taking a chance leaving my car unattended for 7+ days, so my son will be driving my car back to his house from the airport, and then picking me up when I get home. Since he isn't on my insurance, I'd rather not have to have him make more than the initial drop off and pick up (although he is a really good driver). Thank you in advance!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Once hired - hotel accomodations??

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

There is a shuttle that operates for a good portion of the day. If your flight arrives after the shuttle, they'll send instructions on what to do. All your questions about travel will be answered once you get to your first day and you'll have ample time to plan. Don't worry! 

Imani
Adventurer C

A CSA that just returned from Dallas posted in detail about her experience while there.  She did say the shuttle doesn’t run after 10p, and the Lyft codes were not working.  She happen to be renting a car (at her own expense) but says it was well worth it for several reasons.  Look for “CSA training so far” she is great about her posts.

Imani
Adventurer C

This is the title for the post regarding TOPS…

6/13 Dallas TOPS - Helpful Information

desmondrl
Adventurer A

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it! So sorry it took a few days to reply, but I've been applying to multiple part-time temp positions to keep the bills paid until I go to Dallas for training. (I'm claiming 1 of the CS&S positions! 😀) Hopefully my flight will be early enough to be able to get a shuttle. As for staying the weekend, I saw in a tiktok video from a current employee, we will stay there the entire 2 weeks. I hope that info helps other candidates make the needed arrangements!

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

FYI:

I worked as a part time grocery shopper while waiting for my time with SWA. I didn't do any delivery, just shopping a grocery list, packing it up, leaving the bags on a shelf for drivers to pick up. It was good pay, great flexible hours, I could  pick up any 4 hr shift between 4am- 9:30pm. I would make my own schedule around my kids school events, husband's work schedule, and well sometimes my napping schedule 😶. I worked for a store the rhymes with "Cole Doods". My coworkers were the best part, but making my own schedule was great too.

Oh! Try search around this community board, or create a discussion thread looking for peeps coming to DAL same time as you. That way y'all can look out for each other and you won't be on our own. I'm sure the more savy techies out there can help get y'all together WITHOUT giving any personal dets about yourself, exact flight info, or anything that would be dangerous.  🤠 Welcome! 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@About2be I'm looking at possibly working through a staffing agency until I go to Dallas. (Positive thinking!!) And creating a thread looking for other local co-hearts traveling the same time as me is a great idea!

I saw a fb post a little while ago saying they received an offer shortly after their virtual interview today! I'm so excited for them!! Of course, they have to clear all the background process, but still... they got an offer!! I figured it would be days after the virtual before anyone heard anything! It's getting real!!