Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: One day left! Do you have a Servant's Heart?

Rori3691
Adventurer C

Hi @kallison04,

I'm not an employee, but I know that when you apply, there will be a page where you will be asked to upload three letters of recommandation. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer about a cover letter. I'm not sure it will be needed...

Good luck tomorrow!! 😄 ❤️

Olivia

calabria66
Explorer A

Really? Three letters of recommendation?

three letters

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

@Rori3691

Are the three letters required or optional?

@calabria66.  I saw you questioned this too --- any updates

All in SWA FA LUV

@16fseataFFBK

Re: three letters

Rori3691
Adventurer C

@KimVanderKley, with such a competitive vacancy, I strongly advise you to include them! At the very least, find a friend or coworker that knows qualities you have that could be an asset to the company.

Best wishes!!

Olivia

wrverdugo
Adventurer C

It said the site is unavailable. Did I miss the opportunity

QuincyMM
Adventurer C

I'm still trying to! It still says site temporarily unavailable. It will be ok 

New International Version
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Rori3691
Adventurer C

@KelbyTansey,

Thanks for posting the past these videos for us... They are giving me hope...

I'm a Trauma Nurse, I worked over ten years caring for patients who were totally dependent on me. You can't be on your feet for 12-13-14 hours in a row, ignoring your bladder screams, your aching feet, your hunger cramps... if you don't care, if you're not a warrior for your patients, and if you don't have a fun attitude to help you recharge your batteries, or help the patients find some hope, when hope is not in sight.

Today I heard from a SW flight attendant that 200,000 applicants are expected for this position. That number is mind buggling! I'm sure there will be more "well qualified" candidates than there are vacant positions... I can't worry about that... and fellow applicant-reader, you can't worry about that either! Because ultimately, just knowing that the hiring process is so selective, should give us the comfort of knowing that the people doing the hiring are that much more qualified to do the selection. So... We'll go and give our best, do our best, and trust for the best. The rest belongs in higher hands.

Thanks again, Kelby, for the inspirational video!

Much LUV!

Olivia

tracy_thatcher
Adventurer B

Kelby,

Thank you for all of your help answering questions, your advise and your enthusiasm as we anxiously wait for tomorrow's posting. I am BEYOND EXCITED❤❤❤❤✈✈✈✈

Tracy Thatcher 

tracy_thatcher
Adventurer B

Wow!!!! This warms my heart and is one of the many reasons why I want to join the Southwest family❤❤❤✈✈✈

Donnaluv63
Explorer C

Kelby, 

Thank you for ALL your helpful feedback. Looking forward to this journey and hoping it culminates in the opportunity to work for this Fun-Luving company 💛💙