Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Operations Agent (Part-Time) job opening in El Paso, TX

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Thank you! When I went to Dallas for spring break with my parents in March,  I happened to see the DART Rail and the sign for it near Dealey Plaza (site of JFK's assassination) on Elm Street. Wow, having the station near TOPS will help me then if I want to go explore Dallas or go to an event or even a game depending on the season. I sure will keep in touch with you more since you're going to Dallas soon :). 

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Hi all!

I'd like to give a quick update on my application/hiring process so far. It still says "Received Submission" but I know it'll be like that for a while but I did notice tonight after midnight (July 28th) that I think someone from Southwest actually removed an application I put in for a part time ramp agent here in El Paso in 2015. At that time, I forgot to put the name to Southwest Airlines instead of changing it from GAT on the resume but I'm glad that only my current submission for the operations agent is now the only one listed. I still have a good feeling about getting interviewed though. Be safe everyone!

Ryan Montes  

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

UPDATE:

After waiting a month, I received an e-mail just a few minutes ago. Here's a piece of it:

"After careful consideration of all information we are unable to move forward with any additional candidates at this time. Due to the high response of candidates, we were able to fill the positions needed. Unfortunately, this was prior to reviewing your information."

All I can say is I gave it a shot and I won't give up. Thank you all for your help and support.

Ryan

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Keep trying, @ryanmontes! We're rooting you on!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Hi Kelby,

Thank you very much, that means a lot. This is the first time I've come back on the discussion thread page since a few days after I received the e-mail in August.

Ryan