Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Part Time Opportunity?

Shrenik1
Explorer C

How can I part time (8 to12 hour) job opportunity for senior citizen with accounting/inventory background?

Thanks

Shrenik

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Welcome to the Southwest Careers Board!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Shrenik1,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for your interest in joining our Team!  Our Part-Time positions typically require 25-30 hours a week. However, we are always looking for top talent to join our Teams, and would love to benefit from your experience. I would encourage you to keep an eye on our job postings at Southwest.com/Careers for any opportunities that might become available.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

BamaAg89
Explorer C

I am a teacher who will be retiring at the end of the upcoming school  year. I am looking for a new career opportunity and love Southwest Airlines! When should I begin the application process in order to be considered for a job during the Summer of 2018?

Bertha
Explorer C

Congrats on the retirement! That's great! Teaching is a noble profession! With regards as to when to apply- what I would recommend is gage it based on where you want to work. At the bottom of the website- you'll see a link for careers at Southwest. Once you establish a profile, you can view job openings. Bigger stations like Baltimore, Dallas or Chicago usually have openings. Smaller locations like Akron or Buffalo, not so much. So my advice- if you are near a bigger station- maybe start the process around Thanksgiving. A smaller station? Even earlier- assuming they have openings. Consider too- starting at a bigger station, just to get onboard, and you can always apply to transfer later. Hope this helps and best of luck! -Bertha

bmoffett
Explorer C
When you pass through ABQ stop by and speak to my class!!! Congratulations! You are now free to move about the country!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @BamaAg89,

Congratulations on your impending retirement! We are thrilled that your would love to continue your career with us. The application timeline changes dependent on the position or, as @Bertha mentioned, the station that you are wanting to work in. Due to this variety, it is difficult to give you a specific date to begin applying, but I would recommend starting the process in March 2018. If you are looking at a smaller station or more niche position, I would recommend applying anytime beginning in January 2018. If you are interested in being a Flight Attendant with us, this role is typically only posted once a year and, due to the volume of applicants, the process can take longer than usual. So, I would recommend applying whenever you see that it is posted. Best of luck throughout the process! 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mesieber
Explorer C

Hi, if I apply to a full time operations agent position and get accepted and later see that they demand too many hours can I give my hours away or switch to part-time so I end up in the 25-30 hours per week range?  Thanks

vbarnes5
Explorer C

Hey i just filled out for provisions part time and was wondering does that turn into fulltime? Or should i wait on the fulltime job i applied for?

Re: Part Time Opportunity?

lindaestilow
Explorer C

Do part time employees get to have health insurance and travel benefits? 

tuppygirl@comcast.net 

Thank you 

Re: Part Time Opportunity?

Bertha
Explorer C

As a former employee- yes on the travel benefits for part timers. Health insurance- I'm not sure- but I am able to answer half your question. They were wonderful to work for- only reason I left was I was recalled full time back to the military.