Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Part Time Summer Job

MattJ1719
Explorer C

Hello!

I am a graduating senior out of High School and would “luv” to work for Southwest over the summer as a part time opportunity before I head off to college. I am looking in the ramp agent area, but anywhere would be great for me! Would this be possible for someone like myself? Is Southwest flexible with work hours and shifts? 

Thank you,

Matt

(if this has already be talked about, could you direct me that way, thanks)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Part Time Summer Job

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

From what I have heard from employees Southwest does tend to be fairly flexible with schedules, the problem is Southwest (nor any other airline) is doing much hiring right now because people are not flying as much. All jobs are posted at https://careers.southwestair.com/

Good luck! 

--TheMiddleSeat

MattJ1719
Explorer C

Thank you for your reply!

Do they offer just summer jobs or just full time? 

Thank you,

Matt

Part Time Summer Job

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Matt, good post, you got me thinking.  I'm about to retire and will be considering something to keep me from going stir crazy.  Could be a good opportunity.  I wish they had a work "barter/bid system," where you could underbid somebody and work cheaper to get hired.  I love SWA so much, I'd almost work for free. 

MattJ1719
Explorer C

Would love that system too! So just to wrap this question up, this would be possible? To have an 18 year old working the ramp just for a summer for part time/full time, per openings? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't know if anyone here can provide a definitive answer. Look for openings, see if you meet the requirements, apply, then discuss your schedule if you are selected. 

--TheMiddleSeat