Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Please Confirm a Recruiter

AliceWolfe
Explorer C

Hello, I received an email from an Ashley Mitchell this morning, though I have not applied for a job with Southwest Airlines from looking at my applied jobs on Indeed. The message requests that I only contact the recruiter via text message which doesn't sit well with me. This email address is ashleymitchelr2@gmail.com and the message is as follows:

Congratulations! Southwest Airlines online recruitment team has recommended you for a virtual screening test/interview online.

We successfully reviewed your resume and it has been approved for an virtual screening test/interview by Southwest Airlines for the position of ( Administrative Assistant ) (REMOTE).

The window for this screening test/interview are:

Monday through Friday

Time: 08:00 AM – 6:15 PM.

Note: Text Question & Answer interview via Text Message.

Contact Ashley Mitchell via a text message at (720) 727-1905 to start or schedule your interview

[end of message]

Can someone confirm whether this is a real Southwest Airlines recruiter. Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Please Confirm a Recruiter

dfwskier
Aviator A

Don't know for sure, but I would be suspicious of anyone using a @gmail.com address instead of one that is variant of @SWA.com

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You should also check out the answer in this thread:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/Does-Southwest-work-with-3rd-Party-Recruiters/m...

--TheMiddleSeat

AliceWolfe
Explorer C

She said she was the VP of Human Resources and stated the ATS too. I have to concur that it's probably a scam of some sort. Phishing maybe. I've had so many issues applying for jobs using Indeed. It's unfortunate. I agree about the Gmail address especially if she's stating her position is the VP of Human Resources.

"Ashley Mitchell

VP Human Resources

Southwest Airlines.

Freshteam , Applicant Tracking System powered by Freshworks Inc."

Also, what VP of Human Resources ever contacts candidates? I'm hoping a legitimate Southwest recruiter sees this and becomes aware someone may be using their name in a scam

Thank you everyone for your help and replies.

bec102896
Aviator A

Maybe @KelbyTansey can confirm this. 

I know hiring was frozen during COVID19 I’m not sure if that’s still the case however. 

-Blake

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @AliceWolfe,

I can confirm that, unfortunately, this is not a Southwest Employee. Our Cybersecurity Team and People Department care about YOU and your digital safety. If you see a posting for a Southwest job, please check our official career site at careers.southwestair.com to confirm that the posting is legitimate and to apply. Our career site is the only way to apply for a job at Southwest.

Also, our Southwest Airlines Careers Team will never ask you to purchase equipment for work, request money as part of the training and employment process, or make a job offer without multiple interviews. 

Thanks @bec102896 for tagging me in!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

EveS
Explorer C

I received the EXACT same message! I texted them and actually texted my DL picture to them 😞 when they asked for my ID me info or EDD info I know the gig was up but had already texted them my ID. I hope they cannot do something bad to me with this info.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I hope you are right.

amandapage
Explorer C

I got the EXACT same message! I trust they can't do something awful to me with this information.